Chapter 9 - Loving Fish

"Meow!" Lucy meowed again as she stared at the bag Gray brought and we broke away from our frozen fighting stance. Lucy pawed at Gray's ankle and meowed like she was begging for the fish. "I never thought that I would see Lucy loving fish" Happy said with a cheeky smile as he watched us from the couch.

I remember Lucy usually pushed Happy's raw fish away whenever he shoved it in her face. I couldn't help but chuckling at the memory. Gray walked over to my kitchen with Lucy following him and place his bag on the counter. He took out a tin of salmon and tipped the contents into a bowl from my cupboard.

He placed the bowl on the ground in front of Lucy and she ate the salmon happily. "Got any fish for me?" Happy said as he dug his head into Gray's bag. "Oi get your head out of there! You need to be more patience" Gray said as he snatched the bag away from Happy. "Fine I'll take some of Lucy's fish then" Happy pouted before he flew down to Lucy's bowl. As Happy reached towards the bowl, Lucy hissed at him. "Come on Lucy share with me!" Happy complained but Lucy continued to hiss at him.

"Fine Happy here's your fish. Leave Lucy's food alone" Gray said as he chucked a fish into the air. Happy flew up and instantly caught it. He flew to the couch and immediately chowed down on his fish. "Delicious fishy" Happy mumbled happily. "Mira told me to bring over dinner so all we need is your fire magic to heat it up" Gray told me as he took out two plates of food.

"Why is there two?" I asked, "I'm staying here till Lucy is back to normal" he replied. It took me a minute for my brain to process what he said. "WHAT?! Why are you staying here?! You can't just decide to live in my house!" I exclaimed. "Chill Flame Brain, it's not like I want to live here. Gramps told me I had to stay here because he's worried about Lucy" he explained.

"Worried?" I asked as Gray and I sat on the couch with Happy. "Yeah Gramps thinks there's a reason why Lucy was targeted with that spell" Gray said. "It might be related to that hawk attack" Happy spoke up. "What hawk attack?" Gray asked and I explained everything that happened with the hawk. "Hawks aren't native here in Magnolia. They can be found in Crocus but that's miles away so it makes no sense why a hawk would be here" Gray said in thought. "Argh! My head hurts!" I said as I tried to process everything he was talking about.

"In simple terms for an idiot like you" he started and offended by his comment I exclaimed "hey!" "Hawks don't live in Magnolia only in Crocus" he added simply. "How do you know so much about hawks?" I asked annoyed, "I heard Levy talking about it the other day. She said she saw one and wanted to research more about it" he explained. "It might've been the same one that grabbed Lucy" I said.

I moved my attention when I heard a bounce sound a little away from me. Lucy had finished her meal and had found a small ball to play with. I've been looking for that ball everywhere and somehow Lucy found it. She would hit it with her paw and chase after it. "Anyway, that's all I heard so that's why I'm staying here" Gray said. "If Gramps said you have to then I can't argue" I said grumpily.

I felt something bump my foot and saw the ball that Lucy was playing with. I picked it up quickly before Lucy could get it. She backed up to get a better view of me holding the ball. I bounced the ball on the floor towards her and as it bounced over her head, she leapt up into the air but missed it. As soon as she landed on the floor, she began to chase after it.

Gray told me stories about what our guildmates were doing when we left while I used my hands to heat up our dinners. Elfman accidently knocked over and stepped on Erza's cake, starting a guild brawl. Damn, I wish I was there to fight with everyone. I love a good brawl or any type of fight for that matter.

"Eeeyouch!" Happy cried in pain. "What happened Happy?!" I asked, "Lucy is a meanie, she bit my tail" Happy sobbed. We looked at his tail that was hanging off the edge of the couch and Lucy was indeed biting his tail. "Maybe it's payback for trying to steal her food earlier?" I suggested, "that's not funny Natsu! My tail is sensitive!" Happy complained. "Lucy say sorry to Happy's tail, you hurt it's feelings" Gray joked, "not funny Gray!" Happy complained. Gray and I laughed at an upset Happy. "You guys are being mean, I'm going to Wendy's and Carla's place!" Happy said as he flew out the door.

"Happy! We were just joking around!" I called out to him but he didn't hear me. "It's all your fault! If you didn't say that joke then Happy wouldn't have flown off" I blamed Gray. "That didn't stop you from laughing at it" Gray argued. I was about to say something when Lucy bit my foot. "Ow!" I exclaimed and pulled my foot away. "Lucy that's not very nice but good job" Gray said as he picked her up. "Why is she suddenly biting?" I asked, "I think she wants attention" he replied as Lucy curled up and went to sleep on his lap.

"Needy little kitten, aren't you Lucy" I cooed as I petted her. Something clicked in my brain, I quickly took Lucy off of Gray's lap and onto mine. "Why did you take Lucy from me?" Gray asked, "she wanted my attention not yours Frost Bite" I said. "Why? Is it because she bit you Pyro?" he asked, "yeah" I replied. "Whatever, you really need to control your jealousy" Gray sigh. "I'm not jealous" I argued, "don't deny it" Gray replied. "I've had enough, I'm going to bed" I complained and took Lucy with me to my hammock. I laid Lucy comfortably on my chest as I fell asleep.