Chapter 16 - Captured

Lucy's POV

After Master laid me down in our luxurious guest room, he hand-fed me and I began to feel tired after a long day of traveling. I curled up on the spot on the comfy bed. It felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. Feeling Master's fingers stroking my back, I fell into a peaceful sleep.

I woke up to a noise of a door closing in the room and lifted my head up. The room was dark and the only light source was the moonlight coming from the window. I was hoping that Master had come back when I noticed a silhouette of a man that wasn't Master. As the moonlight lit up the man's features, I noticed he was wearing a black ninja suit with his face and hair covered. 'This must be that Black Wolf thief Master is trying to catch' I thought as I saw the suspicious man walking closer to Master's bag. I jumped onto Master's bag, hissing as I aimed my claws at him to scratch his hand away.

He retracts his hand with a hiss of pain. My claw marks appeared on the back of his hand, drawing a bit of blood. I felt proud that I protected Master's bag until the man picked me up by the back of my neck. "Meeeew!" I screamed as I struggled against the man's grip. "LUCY!" I heard Master's muffled voice coming from the other side of the mansion. "Time to go" the man mumbled and took out a small vial with some unknown liquid inside. He quickly popped off the top off and forced the liquid down my throat.

I took a quick gulp in surprise, accidently swallowing the unknown liquid. It tasted bitter and scratched my throat as it went down. Once the unknown liquid was gone, the man jumped out the window with me in his hand, against his chest. Before he hit the ground, he used some air magic to hover leaving no footprints.

As soon as the forest hid us from the mansion, he stopped and hid us behind a tree. "Lucy? Lucy? Lucy?!" I heard Master's faint voice call out to me. I was about to meow back to respond to Master's calls, when the man holding me covered my snout. Once he was sure he wasn't going to be followed, he leapt from tree to tree continuing to run away from the mansion.

He took me to his wooden cabin in the woods as the morning sun peaked over the horizon. Once inside his cabin, he placed me on the wooden table and sat on a chair in front of me. He removed his mask revealing a twenty year old man with spiky slick back chocolate brown hair. "So your name is Lucy, huh?" he said as he tried to pet me but I took a few steps away.

Noticing my fear, he pulled his hand back upset. "I get it. I did take you away from your owner. I didn't mean to take you away, I was in a rush and had to steal something. It's just Mr Jewell took everything from my family. My father and Mr Jewell use to be childhood friends. Once Mr Jewell took over his family's company, he changed. My father's company was bought out from under him at the same time and he borrowed money from Mr Jewell to feed our family for a few months. Since my father couldn't pay him back, he sent men to my house every month threatening us to pay back the money. This happened for years. The stress and lack of food caused my mother and father to fall ill. They passed away a few months ago. I couldn't believe he treat a friend like that for years. So, I steal every night to sell his things to get money to feed the poor who also had their lives ruined by him" he said. I noticed on the table he was clenching his fists tightly, turning his knuckles white.

Knowing his backstory, I realised he wasn't a bad man. I wanted to comfort this man so I walked up and rubbed my head against his clenched fist. His face seemed shocked as his fists relaxed. He tried petting me again and this time I let him stroke my back. "You're a good listener Lucy. I kinda don't regret stealing you" he said with a smile.

I'm sure I will go back to Master eventually but for now I need to wait patiently for him. "I'm guessing you're hungry. I think I have some canned fish for you to eat" he said as he got up and walked over to his kitchen. He came back a few minutes later with a bowl of canned fish and a bowl of milk. I ate everything, even licking the bowl clean afterwards. He ate his meal beside me.

Suddenly he let out a huge yawn, "well time for bed" he said as he picked me up. He took me into his bedroom and placed me on the floor as he closed the door. "You can do whatever you want" he said before tucking himself into bed. It was bright outside the window but he didn't seem to care as he fell asleep.

I decided to have a sleep as well since my sleep last night was interrupted. I was able to find a comfortable spot on the floor underneath the window to curl up. I was able to sleep for a few hours, feeling refreshed. Looking up at the bed, I noticed he was still asleep so I decided to find something to play with. I noticed under the bed was a red ball and ran to get it. I was able to roll it out from underneath the bed. It was fun to push the ball away and then chase after it.

After a while the sun was setting and the man was waking up. He rubbed the sleep out of his tired eyes and looked at me. "Where did you find that? I've been looking all over for it for months" he said as he picked up the ball. He turned to look out the window to notice the sunset. "Time to go to work" he sighed and then gave the ball back to me. He went to the bathroom to put on a new black ninja suit. Once he came out, he stroked my head "I'll be back later Lucy" he said and walked out the door.

I had the whole cabin to myself as I sat in the living room. I decided to go exploring later since I knew I had to entertain myself for a while till I get back to Master. 'I miss you Master' I thought sadly as I curled up on a rug.