Chapter 27 - I'm not leaving here without Lucy!

I burst through the house where Lucy's scent led me to and as I suspected, Taka came out of hiding. "How did you find us?" he questioned and before I could say anything, a woman with purple hair came running with Lucy at her feet. I saw Lucy was about to run to me but the woman picked her up before she could. I noticed Happy in a cage in the other room and I was angry.

"Give Lucy and Happy back!" I shouted at Taka. "No, Lucy's mine! You can take the filthy talking cat with you but you're not taking Lucy!" the woman shouted back. 'How dare she call Happy filthy!' I thought angrily. "I'm not leaving here without Lucy!" I shouted as I lit my fist on fire. I was ready to fight to get Lucy back.

"Hold them back Taka" the woman said and ran away with Lucy in her hands. "Oi get back here!" I shouted and tried to run after her but Taka blocked my path. "Sure thing Saiki" Taka replied. "Get out of my way!" I shouted as I tried to punch him with my flaming fist but he jumped back. He held up his hand, "get him flock" he said and ten hawks flew in grabbing my body. They picked me up and flew with me higher and higher.

I was able to get the birds off when I set myself on fire but I was dropping to the ground fast. "Natsu!" I heard Happy's voice and then something held me up before I hit the ground. I looked up and saw Happy caught me. "Thanks Happy! How did you get out?" I asked, "Gray froze the cage I was in" he replied. "Aerial Sphere" I heard Taka chant and a ball of wind flew at us. Happy quickly pulled me out of the way of the giant wind ball.

We looked below to find Erza fighting Taka while Gray was fighting Saiki. I noticed Taka uses Wind Magic and Saiki uses Cat type magic similar to Millianna's magic. Taka's hawk, which I recognised because of the same burn mark on the wing, flew towards us. I was ready to punch the bird out the sky when Taka shot some magic at his own hawk. The hawk suddenly grew bigger and bigger until it was the size of a house.

Happy and I flew away quickly before it snapped us up in its massive beak. The massive hawk chased us around in the air and I was trying to find an opening to attack. "Sky Dragon Roar!" I heard Wendy chant and a tornado of air hit the hawk's side, knocking it out of the sky. I looked towards Wendy who was being held up by Carla. "I've got this, go help Erza" Wendy said and I looked down to see Erza surrounded by the ten hawks that grabbed me earlier but now they were the size of a house. Near Erza, I saw Taka team up with Saiki on Gray.

Sigh, I guess I'll help Gray. Anyway, I still need to get Taka back for stealing Lucy and Happy. "Take me down Happy" I said and he replied "aye sir!" before descending. I dropped down beside Gray facing Taka. "Nice of you to drop in" Gray said smirking, "sorry I'm late, a flying rat was keeping me busy" I replied returning the smirk. "Don't call my hawk a flying rat!" Taka shouted at me and shot another Aerial Sphere at me.

Gray and I jumped out of the way, separating our fights into two. I faced Taka and got ready for my attack. "Fire Dragon Roar!" I chanted and he took the hit full force. He was knocked back with a few burn marks. "Aerial Slicer!" he chanted and a slice of air flew at me but I nimbly dodge it. The slice of air flew into Gray's fight and he had to quickly dodge it. "Oi keep your fight on your side!" Gray complained, "it's not like I can control air!" I argued back. Taka tried to punch me while I glared at Gray but I quickly moved out of the way. "Your fight is with me" Taka said as he twisted for a kick to my side.

I blocked the kick with my arm and grabbed his ankle. I held a tight grip on his ankle as I swung him into Saiki. They laid on the ground in a pile and Gray froze their bodies so they didn't try anything else. As we were finished with Taka and Saiki, the hawk I was fighting earlier dropped from the sky. Carla descended with Wendy and placed her on the ground.

I wondered if Erza was finished with her fight. When I looked over, I saw a pile of gigantic hawks and Erza walking over to us. "Is that everything?" she asked, "I think so" Gray replied. Now that everything was sorted, I ran into the house to search for Lucy since Saiki hid her. I caught Lucy's scent and followed until I was in front of a bedroom. I heard scratching against the door and I knew it must be Lucy.

I slowly opened the door to make sure I didn't accidently hit Lucy with the door. She immediately ran around the door, out of the room and bumped into my foot. She looked up with her big brown eyes and she meowed with a big smile as she saw me. I picked her up and gave her a small hug on my chest. She purred loudly in my hands and rubbed her head repeated against my chest in affection.

I smiled brightly, knowing she was back into my arms and that she missed me as much as I did with her. "I'm glad I found you" I muttered as I tightened my hug. Suddenly I heard a cough and I looked to my right to see Gray standing there. "Am I interrupting something?" he said, "yes now go away" I replied. "Everyone is waiting for you outside" he said and I followed him outside with Lucy.