Chapter 2 - Rare Plant

Happy's POV

I'm so happy that Natsu was ok with me going on a job with Lucy. I hope he's not too upset that we left him behind. After our peaceful train ride to Hargeon, we walked to the client home. "Wow that's the first time I've ever been on a train without a puking Natsu" I said as I flew beside Lucy. "Well this is the first job we're doing together without Natsu" Lucy replied, happily. "Aye" I replied, I'm so excited for this job.

We soon arrived at the client's home which was a huge mansion. Lucy knocked on the door and an elderly man opened the door in a butler suit. "I assume you are the Fairy Tail wizards that Master has hired?" he asked. "Yes that would be correct" Lucy replied in the same tone, sometimes I forget she used to be an aristocrat.

The butler opened the door wider to let us in. He led us up the staircase and through a hallway to his Master's office. Knocking the door twice, we heard "come in" from the other side of the door. "Master, these two are the Fairy Tail wizards who accepted your request" the butler introduced us to the man sitting at his desk. "Excellent, thank you Tanaka" the man said as he signalled that he could leave now.

"Please take a seat" the man signalled to the two seats in front of his desk. The man sitting in front of us was a 25 year old man with slick back light brown hair. "Thank you for accepting my request. My name is Zest Spite, please call me Zest" he introduced himself. "Nice to meet you Zest, my name is Lucy and this is my friend Happy" Lucy replied.

"I requested your help because I need you to collect a rare plant called Veltris Bell. This rare plant can be found on a cliff face at the edge of Hargeon. Here is a map to get there" Zest explained as he handed Lucy a map. "Alright, we won't let you down" Lucy said and we left Zest's mansion.

We followed the map through the forest next of Hargeon till we found the cliff where Zest said the plant is located. I could see the plant we were looking for growing on the side of the cliff. The waves crashed violently against the rocks below. Luckily there was mild wind today so I could fly down without any trouble. "Wait here, I'll fly down and get some" I told Lucy. "Alright, be care Happy" she said with concern. "Aye!" I replied as I carefully flew down.

I picked a few, "I got some Lucy!" I shouted as I flew back up the cliff to where Lucy was. As soon as I flew to the top of the cliff, Lucy looked happy that I was safe and sound. "Great job Happy! Lets get this back to Zest" she said. As soon as she turned to walk back to the Zest's mansion, a beam of magic shot through the trees of the forest and hit Lucy.

In a flash of golden light, all that was left was her clothes on the ground. "Lucy!" I shouted as I landed beside her clothes. I quickly look to see who shot magic at her but the person was already gone. Tears fell down my cheeks, "Lucy..." I sobbed. I blamed myself for what happened to Lucy, when I heard a small "meow" coming from Lucy's clothes.

With hope, I moved the clothes to reveal a small sleeping golden kitten. I was so relieved that Lucy wasn't dead but now there is another problem. How am I going to change Lucy back?! I decided the best way should be taking her back to the guild. I undid my green bag and wrapped kitten Lucy inside on top of her clothes and carried her towards Zest's mansion.

I gave him the plant and received the jewels before flying quickly towards the guild. I felt a little panicky as I needed to take Lucy back to the guild as soon as possible. 'What is Natsu going to think?! Would he be upset with me?' I thought as I flew. I would hate it if Natsu hated me because something happened to Lucy. I felt tears threatening to come out, I hate the thought of Natsu hating me.

Once I arrived at Fairy Tail, I flew through the open doors shouting "NATSU!" He turned his attention to me, "hey Happy, how did the job go and where is Lucy?" he asked. The tears I've been keeping in, fell down my cheeks. I put my bag down on the table in front of me and the whole guild surrounded our table. "I'm sorry Natsu" I sobbed as I unravelled the bag revealing a sleeping kitten.

The whole guild gasped, Natsu stared at the kitten. "Happy don't tell me this is..." he said looking up at me. I nodded "it's Lucy, please don't hate me" I replied as I cried. "I would never hate you Happy, I'm sure there was nothing you could've done about it" Natsu said as he pulled me into a hug. I felt relief wash over my body like a wave, I was so glad that Natsu didn't hate me. "What happened Happy?" Erza asked as we separated from our hug. I explained to the guild the whole story and after I finished the story we all heard "meow" from the table.

Everyone looked at the kitten who was waking up. She looked up with her brown eyes at the whole guild staring at her. She looked confused for a split second before standing up in a panic. She crouched low with her tail curled between her legs, trembling. We could tell she was scared and everyone must look big to her now.

"Could everyone leave except Team Natsu" Gramps said and everyone left to their own tables but still listened in. Lucy seemed more relaxed when it was just Team Natsu standing around her. I noticed Natsu had been staring at Lucy for a while now. "So, who is going to take care of Lucy?" Erza asked and Lucy meowed. Natsu picked up Lucy and said "I will" as he held her in his arms.

"Do you even know how to take care of her?" Gray argued. "I raised Happy, didn't I?!" Natsu retorted, "but she can't fly off to get her own food!" Gray retorted. Lucy leapt out of Natsu's arms and onto the table as their usual fight escalated. Mira came over from the bar and placed a bowl of milk in front of Lucy.

Lucy licked the milk out of the bowl and meowed in thanks. Mira said "aww Lucy's so cute now!" as she pets Lucy's fur lightly. Lucy seemed to lean into Mira's fingers as she scratched behind her ears. Now I feel jealous, "Mira pat me too!" I pouted. Mira giggled and said "alright Happy" as she pets me.