Chapter 13 - He must not tell Mira

The next morning, I woke up to hearing Gray snoring. I looked towards him to glare at his sleeping body when I saw Lucy sleeping on his chest. I was sure she must've got hot during the night because of the heatwave and went to sleep on the coldest thing in the room, Gray. I noticed her paws were drenched with blood from our nose bleeds last night. We needed to clean up all the blood.

As I got out of my hammock, I noticed Happy still sleeping peacefully on the couch. My smile turned devious at the unsuspecting sleeping blue cat. 'He must not tell Mira' I thought with a glint in my eye. Once I was done with my victim, Gray began to stir from his slumber. "Why is there blood everywhere?" he asked as he sat up which made Lucy roll off his chest. Lucy woke up and meowed annoyed at him. "Why is Lucy covered in blood?...Oh I remember now" he said, remembering last night's events. "We should clean Lucy and all the blood up" he added as he raised to his feet.

I quickly picked up Lucy before he could, "I'll clean Lucy!" I said. Gray rolled his eyes, "I guess I'll mop the floor" he said grabbing a mop from the corner of the house. I took Lucy over to the sink and untied the bow on her neck. Then I turned the tap on letting the water run all over her small body, getting her soaked. She shook her fur a bit before I rubbed shampoo over her body and head. I was careful not to get suds in her eyes and then rinsed the shampoo out of her fur. With her all clean, I lifted her into a clean towel on the bench next to the sink. Wrapping her up in the towel, I began drying her. She emerged from the towel with puffy fur. I chuckled a bit before flattening her fur. I tried tying the bow back on but failed miserably so I decided to ask Mira to put it back on when we get to the guild.

By the time I finished cleaning Lucy, Gray had finished mopping the floor. "Lets go to the guild, I'm starving" I said as I picked up Lucy into my arms. "Alright, where's Happy?" Gray asked, "oh he's already at the guild" I lied with a smirk. "Doesn't he usually always go to the guild with you?" Gray asked, sceptical. I shrugged my shoulders, "he said something about giving Carla fish" I replied. Gray seemed to accept my excuse and didn't suspect a thing as we left my house.

When we arrived at the guild, we both went up to the bar. "Good morning Natsu, good morning Gray" Mira greeted. "Good morning Mira" we replied as we sat down on the bar stools. As I put Lucy on the bar counter Mira scratched under Lucy's chin with her finger, "and good morning to you too Lucy" she greeted, sweetly. Lucy meowed in response, "aw where's her cute bow?" Mira complained noticing the missing bow. I took the ribbon out of my pocket, "I couldn't put it back on. Can you do it Mira?" I asked. "Sure" she said and tied the ribbon into a bow around Lucy's neck gently.

"Idiot" Gray muttered but I heard it loud and clear. "What did you call me Popsicle Princess?!" I argued, "I call you an idiot because who doesn't know how to tie a bow?!" he argued back. We had one of our usual fights until Erza stopped it with one of her glares. She was really not in the mood, Mira told us It was because the guild ran out of cake. That explains Erza's extremely bad mood.

Later that day, I was hand-feeding Lucy who was sitting on the table in front of me. It was like I was treating her like a queen or a princess since she prefers Virgo to call her that. I had already finished my huge lunch before I fed her. While I was feeding Lucy, I notice a blurry blue blob zoom towards the bar. It slowed down as it got to Mira which revealed to be Happy!

'Oh no he's going to tell Mira!' I thought panicked. I thought I had restrained him back at the house. I had made sure to tie him up tightly and stuff his mouth with fish so he wouldn't be able to run to Mira. "Hey Happy!" Mira greeted and when Happy spotted me he gave the evilest smirk I have ever seen from him. I knew I had to get out of here with Lucy before Mira and the entire guild teased me.

As Happy leaned in to tell Mira, I quickly picked up Lucy and ran to the request board, picking a random job off the board. "I'mtakingthisjobwithLucybye!" I said to Mira quickly as I bolted out of the guild at hyper speed. I didn't stop running till I got to the station. Panting, I read the request that was in my hand while holding Lucy with the other. It says I had to catch a thief that has been stealing in Crocus and that I would be working with another guild.

I wondered which guild will be working with me? Anyway, I knew I would need to get my things before walking to Crocus. I started running to my house, keeping a mental note to pack some fish and milk for Lucy. As I entered my house, I started packing and remembered that I ran out of Lucy's fish but I knew Happy wouldn't mind if I steal some from his stash hehe.

With my backpack on my back and Lucy in my arms, I was ready to get out of here as quickly as possible. I ran out of the house and I slowed down my pace once I was outside of Magnolia. Lucy started shuffling in my arms uncomfortable then an idea popped into my head. I moved her from my arms to sitting on my shoulder. 'Happy seems to like sitting there so why not Lucy?' I thought. Liking her new spot, she rubbed her furry head against my cheek. "I'm happy you're comfortable there Lucy" I said scratched under her jawline, her favourite spot. She purred in response and we continued our journey to Crocus. I dreaded going home to the guild's teasing.