Chapter 4 - Ball of Yarn

I woke up hearing "meow," thump, "meow," thump. I was curious on what was making the noise and saw Lucy underneath my hammock. Meowing as she tried jumping up to my hammock and landing on the floor on her butt with a light thump. I thought she looked cute as I scooped her into my hand and placed her onto my stomach.

I watched her as she walked up to my chest and licked me on the nose. I smiled brightly as I scratched the back of her ear. She leaned into my fingers, purring as I scratched. Suddenly Happy landed hard on my stomach, "oomph!" I exclaimed as Lucy bounced lightly on my chest. "Natsu! Lets go to the guild, I have to see Carla!" he said excitedly.

"Alright lets go!" I said happily and Happy flew off my stomach. I held Lucy to my chest as I got out of my hammock. She snuggled in my arms as we walked to the guild. When we arrived outside Fairy Tail, I placed her on the floor beside me before opening the guild doors open. I walked towards the bar with Lucy at my heels while Happy flew to Carla. "Good morning Natsu" Mira greeted as I sat on one of the stools. "Good morning Mira, can I have some spicy chicken wings?" I asked Mira, as she was wiping the counter. "Sure" she replied, "oh and milk for Lucy" I added as I picked Lucy up and placed her on the counter.

"Of course, and how are you doing Lucy?" Mira said sweetly as she scratched her under the chin and Lucy purred. Mira poured some milk in a small bowl for Lucy and said "I'll go get your spicy chicken wings, extra hot." "Thanks Mira" I replied as she left to the kitchen. I watched Lucy finish her milk while I waited for my food.

"Still alive I see" Gray spoke up jokingly as he sat beside me at the bar, stroking Lucy's forehead with his finger. I immediately picked Lucy up in one hand and placed her in front of me. "Jealous much Pyro" Gray smirked, "shut up Frosty" I retorted with a glare. "What did you call me Dragon Boy!" Gray argued, "you heard me!" I argued back.

We stepped away from the bar insulting each other. Going back and forth, Gray randomly shouted in pain. I stepped back from him and looked down at his feet. I saw that Lucy had scratched his bare foot. When Gray looked down, he saw her, curious on why she scratched him until he noticed that he had unconsciously stripped down to his boxers. "Not again!" he exclaimed as he looked around for his discarded clothes.

I laughed hysterically at the fact that Lucy scratched him. She ran back to my feet but I noticed something not right. She was limping, 'how did she hurt herself?' I questioned myself as I crouched down. "Are you ok Lucy?" I asked her as I petted her, "she fell off the chair" I heard a voice behind me. I turned to see Levy standing behind me.

Picking Lucy up in my arms I asked "what are you talking about?" I felt Gray's presence come up behind me, fully clothed I hoped. "To stop your fight, I saw her jump down to the chair then a long drop to the floor" Levy explained. My mind went blank, "Lucy fell?!" Gray and I exclaimed.

She just nodded and I looked down at Lucy. Her face looked to be in pain as she licked her front right paw. "Wendy come here" Levy called out and Wendy came running. "Yes?" she asked, "Lucy's hurt" Levy said. "Oh no, follow me Natsu" Wendy replied and I followed her to a table. I sat down and laid Lucy on my lap. Wendy's hands glowed over Lucy, "she sprained her front right paw" she explained. "Can you heal her Wendy?" I asked, worried about Lucy. "Of course!" she replied and used her healing magic on Lucy.

Once the light faded from Wendy's hands, Lucy didn't try to stand. I thought she might've been nervous so I lifted her up and helped her stand. When she put weight on her healed paw she seemed happy and meowed happily. Now that she was all healed up, I placed her on the floor to run around.

I watched her run around for a bit, making sure she was fine before talking to Happy. We talked about our usual things, fish, beating Gray and fighting bad guys. When I finally looked back to check on Lucy, she was playing with white ball of yarn. "Where did she get that?" I wondered out loud and Mira answered as she walked by with a tray. "I gave that to her to play with" she said.

Lucy rolled around with the ball of yarn and sometimes chased after it as it bounced away from her. She somehow tangled herself with the yarn and meowed for help. I was about to help her when Gray knelt down beside her and untangled her. I glared at him as Lucy rubbed her body against his ankle in thanks.

Gray looked over at me and smirked knowingly. 'That's it!' I thought as I launched into a fist fight with him. Happy quickly lifted Lucy to the bar so she didn't get stepped on. We threw punches at each other and somehow got the whole guild into an all out brawl.

While we were fighting, I was able to steal Gray's boxers and twirl them around my finger. "Gray! Put some clothes on!" Cana shouted, "I would but Natsu stole my boxers! Give them back Flame Brain!" he shouted back. "Come and get them Ice Princess" I retorted with a smirk. Our guild brawl ended when Gramps yelled at us. I ended up getting flattened by Gramps' enlarged hand when I wanted to continue. Now my muscles were sore, so I walked over to the bar to find Happy and Lucy.

I found them at the end of the counter. Lucy was curled up sleeping beside Happy with his tail wrapped around her while Happy was eating a fish. "All that playing must've tired her out" I said with a small smile as I sat down on the bar stool in front of them and petted Lucy's fur. She purred underneath my fingers as she slept.