Chapter 19 - Drunk

I groaned as my laid my exhausted head on the table. "What happened to you Flame Brain?" Gray asked from across the table with a drink in his hand. "Mira" I simply said and he nodded in understanding as he took a chug of his drink. I felt like I was missing something and then I realised that I hadn't seen Lucy since she disappeared off my shoulder in the dark from Mira's attack. "What happened to Lucy when I came into the guild?" I asked, "Happy took her" Gray replied.

Suddenly we heard laughter, we turned to find it was coming from a crowded table. "I wonder what's going on over there?" Gray asked, "I don't know? Lets check it out" I said then we walked over to the table. We pushed through the crowd to find a drunk Cana in the middle of it, laughing the most. "Ah Natsu! Hahaha! I didn't think you would be back haha so soon!" she laughed. "Why's that..." I trailed off as I saw Lucy on the table.

Lucy was walking a little wobbly. "Eats some more Lucy" Cana said as she gave her some crumbled up brownies. Lucy ate from Cana's hand which I thought was weird since she usually only eats out of my hand. "What's in those brownies?" Gray asked and Cana began to laugh hysterically. Gray and I were confused until she said "catnip" and continued to laugh.

Now everything made sense, Cana made Catnip Brownies and decided it would be funny to give some to Lucy. Everyone around us was laughing as they watched Lucy wobbling and tripping over nothing. She came closer and closer to my side of the table. As soon as she got close to the edge, after all the wobbling and tripping, she rolled over. I had to quickly catch her as she rolled herself off the table.

I held her securely in my hand and she drunkenly licked my fingers continuously. "No more catnip for you" I said as I looked at her. "Aw" Cana groaned disappointedly, "at least I can watch Happy, Carla and Lily" she added looking towards another table. I followed her line of sight and found all three exceeds drunk on catnip brownies. I expected Happy to fall for catnip brownies but I was surprised that Carla and Pantherlily fell for it too.

"Fishies...everywhere...come to me fishies...come to me..." Happy mumbled as he laid on his back pawing at the air. Patherlily was carrying Carla bridal style, shouting something about him being a knight who would defeat a dragon to save the princess which I think he means Carla. While Carla was shouting orders at Pantherlily and calling him a donkey. I'm kinda happy that Happy isn't seeing this but I know he'll find out sometime, poor Happy.

As I watched the drunken display in front of me, I felt a tug on my pants. I looked down to find Asuka standing there. "Natsu, can I play with Lucy?" she asked, I was a little hesitant to let Lucy go while she was still drunk on catnip. "Not right now" I replied, "why not?" she asked. "Lucy's not feeling well. She can play with you when she's feeling better" I replied and Asuka accepted that.

I took Lucy to the bar to get a drink of water to wash down the catnip brownies in her system. "What can I get you Natsu?" Mira asked sweetly, "some water for Lucy please" I replied and she poured some water into a bowl. Mira place the bowl in front of me as I placed Lucy onto the bar counter. Lucy wouldn't go anywhere near the water, instead she was purring as she rubbed herself against my hand. I used my other hand to move the water closer. "Come on Lucy. Drink some water" I cooed and she looked at the bowl. She stared at the water for a few seconds and then jumped into the bowl like it was a pool.

I sighed as I made a mental note to never let catnip or Cana anywhere near Lucy while she's a kitten. "No Lucy" I said as I picked the drenched golden kitten out of the bowl. She seemed more awake now thanks to the water. Before I could ask Mira for a towel, Lucy shook her body and sprinkled me with water.

Mira giggled as she handed me a hand towel to dry Lucy off. I dried off the remaining water off her and tried getting her to drink water from a new bowl. "Lets try this again Lucy" I said and this time she drank the water properly. "Alright, now to check if you're sober" I said as I looked around the guild. I spotted Gray and called him over. "Hey Ice Princess!" I said, "what did you call me Pyro?!" Gray said as he came over. "Mira can I have some tuna slices for Lucy?" I asked and she got some out on a plate for me.

"Feed Lucy" I simply said when he came next to me. "What?" he said as he was instantly confused, "feed Lucy" I repeated. "You call me an Ice Princess to feed Lucy instead of fighting?" he asked, "yep" I replied. He sighed in annoyance and picked a piece of tuna between his fingers. He held it up in front of Lucy's face and she turned her head away. "Yep she's sober" I stated and Gray glared at me. "That's what's this is all about?!" he exclaimed, "yep" I replied. "I've had enough" Gray said and then punched me in the face, knocking me off the bar stool.

I instantly retaliated by getting back onto my feet and punching him back. This went on until Erza knocked our poor heads together. "Ow" Gray and I squeaked, then Lucy ran over to us after Mira placed her on the floor. "I'm alright Lucy" I said as I sat up and picked her up in my hands. She meowed happily as I smiled at her. I spent the rest of the day protecting Lucy from Cana and her catnip.