Chapter 28 - Back off

Gray and I walked out of Taka's house carrying Lucy in my arms. "Ah, I see you found Lucy. Happy was about to explain the reason why Taka transformed and took Lucy" Erza said, noticing our return. "After Taka took us, I woke up in a cage and saw him putting Lucy in a box. Later that day he presented her as an anniversary gift for Saiki. One night, I asked Taka why he transformed Lucy and he said it was because Saiki wanted a blonde kitten with brown eyes but he couldn't find one. Once he saw Lucy on our job for the rare plant, he thought she would be perfect to transform and we all know what happened next" Happy explained. I couldn't believe that they transformed Lucy for a selfish reason like that.

I stomped up to the now tied up Taka and Saiki sat before grabbing Taka's collar in one hand while holding Lucy in the other against my chest. "I can't believe you dragged my Lucy into this because of a stupid reason!" I shouted in his face. Two hands grabbed my shoulders and pulled me back. "Cool it Natsu" the owner of the hands, Gray, said. "Why should I?! They dragged Lucy into this mess for no good reason!" I complained. "I know you're upset but beating up a man while he's down isn't the best idea" he replied as he let go of me. "That's a great idea!" I said with an evil smirk on my face as I swing my free arm around, ready for a punch.

"I said it's NOT a good idea idiot!" Gray shouted, "enough Natsu" Erza said. "What? But he-" I shut my mouth when I saw Erza's deadly glare. "A-aye" I said and then Wendy walked up to me. "Let me check Lucy to make sure she isn't hurt" she said. I nodded and handed Lucy to her. "I would never harm a sweet kitten like Lucy!" Saiki shouted, offended. I sent a glare her way and she glared back.

"Ok, Ok, back off" Gray said as he stood in front of me, blocking Saiki from my sight. "Natsu, go with Wendy, Carla, Happy and Lucy to Sabertooth. We will meet you there once we take these two to the authorities" Erza said. I wanted punch Taka one more time but the look on Erza's face told me to just leave. I growled and stomped away towards Sabertooth. Wendy carried Lucy as she followed me with Happy and Carla.

Down the street, I heard Wendy shout "Natsu slowdown!" from behind me. I turned around to see that I walked so far ahead that Wendy, Happy and Carla had to run to catch up. "Sorry" was all I said, I was still mad at Taka. All this for a stupid, selfish reason? "It's alright, lets get to Sabertooth so I can check on Lucy" Wendy said. I forgot my anger because taking care of Lucy is more important right now. I hoped they didn't hurt her in anyway.

When we got to Sabertooth, Sting and Rogue greeted us at the door. "Did you find Lucy?" Sting asked, "yep, here she is" Wendy replied and held Lucy up for them to see. "Great, I'm sure Natsu burned the thief to ashes" Sting said. "No but I wished I did. Stupid Erza and Ice Cube" I mumbled. "What was that Natsu?" I heard Erza's voice from behind me. I froze, "n-nothing" I replied as I turned around to face Erza. Gray just glared at me from beside her probably from the nickname I called him.

"What are you looking at Popsicle?!" I shouted. "Your ugly face Pyro!" he shouted back. "At least my face isn't as ugly as yours Ice Stripper!" I argued, "how about I make your face uglier by punching your face in!" he argued back. "Bring it on!" I shouted, lighting my fist on fist while his put his fist in his hand, ready to cast an ice spell. "Stop fighting!" Erza shouted as she clashed our heads together painfully.

"Ow..." Gray and I groaned in unison. "Does this happen a lot at your guild?" Sting asked, "unfortunately yes" Erza replied and gave us a glare. "S-Sorry!" Gray and I stuttered, loudly. Suddenly we heard a commotion happening at one of the tables. I noticed Wendy, Happy and Carla looking in but I couldn't see Lucy with them. I went up to the crowd and saw Lucy on the table, laying on her back, accepting belly rubs from everyone.

I broke through the crowd and snatched Lucy up into my arms. "She's mine! Back off!" I shouted as I glared at the Sabers. I felt a hand land on my shoulder, I whipped my head to see it was Sting. "You all heard the man" he said and all the Sabers except Sting and Rogue walked off. Now that they were gone, I turned my attention to Wendy. "Did Lucy have any injuries when you checked her?" I asked. "No, she was perfectly healthy and there wasn't a scratch on her" she replied. I was happy to hear that.

"We couldn't get any information out of Taka or Saiki about how to change Lucy back to normal" Erza stated. "Yeah and they still didn't talk when Erza pointed one hundred swords at them! Although they were shaking in fear. The Rune Knights took them away after that" Gray said. I was disappointed when they said that. How were we going to change Lucy back now?

"If we find out anything about this spell, we'll let you know" Sting said and I nodded. "We better be off, thank you for your help" Erza said, "no problem" Sting replied. With that, we turned towards the door and walked out of Sabertooth. Lucy purred in my hands as I petted her. She was fast asleep, probably exhausted from everything that happened today. Now I'm dreading the train ride home because one, my motion sickness will be a nightmare and two, because Gray will hold Lucy during the train ride. I hope we get to Fairy Tail soon.