Chapter 20 - Time with Asuka

The next day, I walked up to Asuka, Bisca and Alzack's table with Lucy in my hands. "Natsu!" Asuka cheered and jumped off her seat to greet me. "Hey Natsu" Bisca and Alzack greeted, "hiya Asuka, Bisca, Alzack" I replied and then kneeled in front of Asuka. "Lucy's feeling better today if you want to play with her" I said and Asuka's face brightened up in excitement. "Yay I get to play with Lucy today!" she cheered.

"Hold out your hands" I said and she held out her hands. I carefully placed Lucy in her hand and Lucy looked up at me then at Asuka. "Lets play over here Lucy" Asuka said and took Lucy to the back of the guild hall. I waved goodbye to Bisca and Alzack before walking over to another table until Ice Stripper spoke up. "Oi Flame for Brains! I'm sick of seeing your stupid face all the time. I feel like I'm losing brain cells just looking at you" he argued. "Oh yeah?! Well, I'm worried that I will catch your stripping habit just by looking at you!" I argued back, then our usual rivalry kicked up into a fight.

Later, Erza separated us by pushing our heads apart so hard that our necks made a crack sound. Once I recovered, Asuka walked over to me with Lucy in her hands. "Natsu! I wanna take Lucy to the park, can I? Mommy and Daddy said it was ok if you're with me" Asuka said. I double checked with Bisca and Alzack to make sure and they nodded. "We can definitely go to the park, let me get Happy. Happy!" I called out. "What's up Natsu? Hi Asuka" Happy greeted as he flew over to us. "We're taking Asuka to the park" I explained, "ok lets go" he replied.

We soon arrived at Magnolia Southgate Park, Happy and I sat on the ground leaning on the big tree while Asuka played with Lucy on the grass in front of us. It was cute to watch Lucy running through the grass around Asuka. "Hey Natsu!" Asuka suddenly called out to me. "Yeah?" I replied, "jump in the water like last time!" she said as she pointed to the lake. "No way. I only did that last time because I lose a bet" I said. "Aw" Asuka pouted in disappointed.

Suddenly, our peaceful day at the park was ruined when Lucy was snatched by the hawk from earlier. "Lucy!" I exclaimed, "give Lucy back you bad bird" Asuka said with tears in her eyes. I had to act quickly before the hawk got too far from my sight but I couldn't leave Asuka alone. "Happy take Asuka back to the guild! I'm going after that hawk!" I said as I bolted after the hawk.

I slowly caught up and followed the hawk deep into Magnolia's East Forest. I guessed the hawk was going to lead me to its nest and then I'll be able to destroy it as well as take Lucy back. Instead of a nest, the hawk flew towards a man who stood in a small clearing. The hawk dropped Lucy into the man's hand and circled around, landing on his shoulder. I stopped a few metres away and I felt like I seen this man before but I couldn't remember. "Nice to see you again" the man said and then like a switch I remembered who this man was. It was the man who was asking for directions to Magnolia while I was walking to Crocus for a job.

"You're that man I gave directions to!" I exclaimed. "It's nice to see that you remember me" he said with a smirk as he stroked a terrified Lucy. She was trembling under his hand, looking at me with a desperate look in her eyes. "Who are you?" I asked, "Taka Tamako and based on your pink hair, I'm sure you're the famous Salamander from Fairy Tail, Natsu Dragneel. Am I correct?" he replied smugly. "Are you the one that turned Lucy into a kitten?!" I shouted, his smug expression was making me angry. "Yes I am" he replied, "why?!" I shouted. "That reason is for another day. I would love to stay and chat but I'm very busy so goodbye" he replied.

As he was about to turn and leave, Lucy bit his hand hard with her sharp teeth. "Ow!" he exclaimed and dropped her. I took my chance and ran at him with my fist ablaze. "Fire Dragon Iron Fist!" I chanted as I punched him square in the chest. His body flew back a few metres and I stood over Lucy to make sure that hawk didn't grab her again. "I'm no match for you today. I will be back for the little kitten" he threatened. Then he transformed himself into a big hawk and flew away with his pet.

I watched him as he flew further and further away. Once he was out of sight, I stepped back and kneeled to pick Lucy up in my hands. "Are you ok Lucy?" I asked the trembling kitten in my hands. She had her eyes shut tightly but opened them at the sound of my voice. She meowed happily, telling me that she was fine but she was still trembling a little. I brought her up to my chest and gave her a small hug. I knew she needed the comfort. It worked because I felt her stop trembling and nuzzle my neck affectionately. I kept hugging her as I raised to my feet and began walking back to the guild.

Once we arrived at the guild, Happy and Asuka came running to us. "Natsu! Is Lucy ok?" Asuka and Happy both asked in unison, worried. "She's right here" I said and showed her to them. "I need to talk to Gramps so can you take care of Lucy until I get back Asuka?" I asked and she gladly accepted.

After I handed Lucy to Asuka, I walked up to Gramps' office. I burst through the door without knocking and Gramps was startled as he tried to hide his Sorcerer Weekly magazines. "Natsu! How many times do I have to tell you to knock on my door first before coming in!" Gramps exclaimed. "Sorry Gramps but I needed to talk to you" I said, "what about?" he asked. I explained everything that happened from the park to when I came back to the guild.

Gramps went into a thinking pose, "hm so you're saying that this 'Taka Tamako' admitted that he was responsible for turning Lucy into a kitten?" he asked. "Yes" I replied, "well I'll ask the magic council for any information on Taka Tamako. For now, try to keep Lucy close to you when you're out in the open. From what you've told me, he and his pet both attack while you're in the open" he said. "Right thanks Gramps" I said and left his office.

When I went to find Asuka and Lucy, I found Asuka sleeping on the floor in the corner of the guild with a sleeping Lucy curled up next to her. I smiled and then Bisca and Alzack walked up to me. "They look cute, don't they?" Alzack said to me, "yeah they do" I replied. Alzack picked up Asuka and the three of them left to go home. Since it was getting late, I decided it was time to go home. I called out to Happy, "Happy, we're going home" and picked Lucy up from her spot on the floor. The three of us left for my house and my mind wouldn't stop thinking about Taka Tamako.