Chapter 18 - Sleepover & the Guild from Hell

"Thanks so much you guys for letting me and Lucy stay here for the night" I said as I sat with Sting and Rogue on their couch. They recently decided to move out of the Sabertooth dorm and move into a house together with their exceeds. "No problem. It's like a big sleepover, so what should we do? Play games, gossip, talk about crushes?" Sting suggested eagerly. "Are you a girl?!" Rouge exclaimed.

"Kitty!" we heard Frosch exclaimed happily. Frosch and Lector came into the room with Lucy in Frosch's arms like a teddy. "You know you're a cat too" Lector commented beside Frosch. "Welcome back you two" Sting greeted, "why is there a kitten here?" Lector asked. "Oh hey Natsu" Lector greeted when he noticed me. "Hey Lector and Frosch, the kitten is Lucy" I said, "wait do you mean your partner Lucy?" Lector asked. I nodded, "WHAT?!" he exclaimed. "It's a long story" I said.

"Frosch, how about you play with Lucy and Lector in our room?" Rogue suggested. "Ok Rogue" Frosch said and they walked away with Lucy. "So you're leaving for Fairy Tail tomorrow?" Sting asked and I groaned as I sank off the couch to the floor. I felt like digging a hole just to sink lower. Sting's and Rogue's eyebrow raised confused with my reaction.

"What happened? You usually love going back to Fairy Tail" Sting asked. "It's all Happy's fault" I muttered then I explained what happened before I took the job. "What's so bad about Mira knowing?" Sting question and I stared at him with an 'are you serious?!' expression. "She will torture me!" I exclaimed, "how?" Rogue asked. I groaned, "she will do anything and I mean ANYTHING to make me confess all sorts of things especially things about love" I explained as I sat up.

"Sounds rough man" Sting said sincerely as he rubbed my back. I noticed Rogue was gone, "where did Rogue go?" I asked. "Oh, he went to go cook dinner" Sting replied, "I didn't hear him leave the room!" I exclaimed. "Yeah he does that often" he replied. I was surprised I didn't hear him even with my Dragon Slayer earing.

"Wanna check how Lector, Frosch and Lucy are doing?" Sting asked and I agreed. I followed Sting to Rogue's room and we opened the door to silence. It was strange until we found Lector and Frosch sleeping close together with a sleeping Lucy curled between them on Rogue's bed. "Should we wake them up?" I whispered, "nah you already fed Lucy and I'm sure Lector and Frosch ate at the guild" Sting whispered back. He turned the light off and we quietly closed the door.

We walked back to the kitchen to check how dinner was going. Rogue was making a Fettuccine Alfredo and was dishing up. Suddenly behind Rogue's back, Sting dipped his finger into the pot and licked the sauce off his finger. Unfortunately Rogue caught him and slapped his hand. "What have I told you about sneaking a taste!" he exclaimed, "sorry~" Sting pouted.

We soon ate dinner and I was quite surprised at how good Rogue's cooking was. After eating our dinner, it was getting quite late so we decided to go to bed. Since Rogue's bed was occupied, he took the couch while I took the futon. I fell into a deep asleep quickly since I haven't slept in two days.

The next morning, I was trying to sleep when I felt something furry rubbed itself against my cheek. I turned away trying to get some more sleep when the same furry thing climbed onto my head. I turned my head again and the furry thing fell off. Suddenly I heard quiet chuckling, I peeked my eyes open a little and saw Sting smirking while holding Lucy up above my face. Then without warning, he dropped her on my face.

I groaned as I quickly took Lucy off my face and sat up. "What the hell man?!" I exclaimed. "Lucy was trying to wake you up so I gave her a hand" Sting said innocently but I knew he wasn't. He definitely wanted to annoy me first thing in the morning. I wanted to start a fight with him when Lucy meowed happily like she was saying good morning. I looked down at her and said "good morning Lucy" as I petted her.

Lucy and I had breakfast then Sting and Rogue waved us off as we walked back to Magnolia. There are two very important reason why I'm walking to Magnolia. One, I'm not going on that death trap called a train and two, I want to drag this out as much as possible. Lucy sat on my shoulder the entire journey.

Once we entered Magnolia, I dragged my feet closer and closer to Fairy Tail. The town seemed unusually quieter today. I finally reached Fairy Tail's entrance and I gulped nervously. I slowly walked through the open guild doors, I noticed all the lights were off and no one was inside. Suddenly the guild doors slammed shut behind me, leaving me in the dark. Lucy meowed as she disappeared off my shoulder. "Lucy?" I called out but all I got was a creepy giggle in the darkness.

Suddenly the light turned on and a few inches away from my face was Mira. "AHHHHHHHHH!" I screamed and then got knocked out. I was harshly woken up by a light being brightly shone on my face. My eyes took a minute to readjust to the brightness. I noticed I was bound to a chair with seal stone chains and a desk with a lamp in front of me. The rest of the room was pitch black. I instantly struggled from my restraints until a hand slapped down on the desk. "So Natsu...a little exceed told me something VERY interesting the other day. Mind telling me how you feel about Lucy?" she said with a creepy sweet smile on her face. "Someone save me!" I exclaimed desperately.