The great maze

"Welp...that's a lot more hedge than all of us hedgehogs put together," Amy said. "Yeah, no kidding," Sonic said. "Well this is easy right?" Silver asked. I'll just fly up, and see where they went." And so he flew up with his telekinesis to see if Cream and Metal Sonic were there, but he didn't notice that there were thunderclouds above him. And so he flew a bit too high, and as soon as thunder clapped, he jumped. And then, lightening struck him! And after a few seconds, he fell back down with his quills all smokey. "Oof...," they all said as Silver coughed. "Well...that...didn't bzzt! Work...," he said, with a shock of electricity running through him. "Good thing I didn't go up there," Rouge said. "Forget it," Shadow said. "Let's just travel by foot." But then, Blaze walked up and with flameballs in her hands. But before she could do anything, it already started to pour down rain. "Ugh! This is a nightmare!" She shouted in frustration. "Come on," Tails sighed. And so they all went through the maze...while getting wet on top of it. "Should we only go one direction?" Silver asked. Shadow growled in frustration. But what made it worse, was that they bumped into two open directions. Shadow fell on his knees and pounded away at the ground. "Woah! Hey! Chill Shadow!" Sonic shouted, stopping him. "When we find that worthless pile of scrap...," he said slowly. "I am destroying him for sure...." He then slowly got up. "Let's just...I don't know." Suddenly, Sonic picked up something. "Wait...guys," he said slowly. "I think I'm getting something." He slowly closed his eyes, and softly sniffed the air, and then...he heard tiny screaming ringing in his ears! "Cream!" He shouted. "Did you pick up her senses?" Amy asked. "I did! When I licked her, I may have actually picked up her senses!" "Good boy, Sonic!" Amy smiled, petting him. "Don't say that again," Sonic said in annoyance. "Sorry," she giggled. "Well then. Go get her boy," Shadow smirked. Sonic made a tired look on his face. He then put his nose to the ground, and started to sniff out Cream's trail. They all followed him slowly, going straight, left, and right. It took a while, but they all started to hear Cream's voice! "Sonic! Faster!" Knuckles shouted. Sonic nodded, and he dashed off like a bloodhound. They all followed him from behind, until finally, they made it to what appeared to be the center of the maze. It was empty...and quiet.... They all looked around, trying find Cream, but there wasn't a sign of her. Sonic slowly walked in, and sniffed around more. He sniffed and sniffed everywhere he went, and then finally, he stopped. "What's the matter? Is she not here?" Blaze asked. "No...," Sonic said slowly. "She's...she's...." And then slowly, he looked up and gasped. "Guys! Move!" They looked up, and they all suddenly got caught! "Wh-what the?!" Shadow freaked as he squirmed. Sonic looked up, as he saw all of his friends...caught by ghosts!