un.

it was already a long day of over tiring work, when kim taehyung came home to find his lover, min yoongi, sitting glumly in one of their dining room chairs.

taehyung tossed his keys on the table by the door and approached yoongi cautiously, not wanting to have his emotions burst right in front him. as he got to yoongi, he caressed his hair and asked him what was wrong.

yoongi pulled tae's hand away from his hair and just looked at him. the beating of tae's heart accelerated. he had never seen that look in yoongi's eyes before.

"tae... i don't think us, this, whatever we may be, is working out anymore."

"what..? what do you mean 'whatever we may be?'"

tae and yoongi have been together for almost 2 years, it didn't make sense for yoongi to describe their relationship in that manner. yoongi was breaking up with him, but why? tae couldn't believe after all this time yoongi would do this. didn't yoongi love him? didn't he want taehyung to be his forever? he is just joking right? right?

"wha- what? yoongi you don't mean that! you love me! you love me, right?"

taehyung wailed desperately, wanting answers for this abrupt decision from his lover. he tries to think of all the things he may have messed up on but absolutely nothing came to mind.

he couldn't stop the tears from overflowing onto his round cheeks. he tried wiping them away, but it wasnt of any use because another round of fat tears dripped down.

"i'm sorry tae, i just- i'm really sorry."

"that's it? you're sorry? c'mon yoongi, did i do something? please talk to me."

yoongi ignored tae's pleas and walked around him and out of the kitchen grabbing his things on the way. the desperate boy chased after him and gripped onto his forearm

"yoongi wait! please? we can work this out! we can be happy again! please, i love you!"

yoongi's eyes held no emotion as he turned his head to look at his ex lover. they were empty. they no longer held the brightness when they were together. they didn't hold any more love for him. taehyung flinched as yoongi yanked his arm away, harshly from taehyung's hand.

"tae, just, don't."

"yoo-yoongi. please, please don't leave me." taehyung said brokenly, his voice cracking with every syllable that escaped his lips, trying so hard to convince yoongi that he could get better, that he can do better for him, that he will be the perfect boyfriend he wants him to be.

could yoongi hear taehyung's heart break as he walked out of his front door? did he feel the pull on his heart strings as he got into his car and drove away?

"i don't- i don't know what i did wrong!" taehyung leaned onto the wall of his living room dragging himself against it and onto to the floor.

no one seemed to be hearing the broken boy's heaving sobs and screams for yoongi, wishing him to come back to tell him why he did this out of the blue.

but yoongi never came back, taking taehyung's broken heart with him and everything that ever made him happy.