sept.

-yoongi's pov-

yoongi almost choked on his spit seeing taehyung. he looked way better than he did two years back. he seriously couldn't believe that this was his taehyung, so yoongi did what anyone one would do. 

"tae?"

yoongi noticed how taehyung closed and opened his mouth as if he was thinking about what to say but stopped because he didn't really wanna say anything. the blonde seemed to be in thought, his eyes were dazed, but his face suddenly hardened. thinking he wasn't gonna get a response, yoongi sighed and almost turned around giving up when taehyung finally voiced out a response. 

"the one and only." 

the blonde seemed very reluctant to talk to the brunette, and yet yoongi still decided on trying to keep the conversation going. it's been years since they said any actual words to each other. 

yoongi pathetically tried again and hit taehyung with a "it's been a while." he internally face-palmed realizing that this was an utter failure. even though the statement did suck, he was about to try another attempt at a conversation but heard a very unexpected response from taehyung. 

"he must be crazy thinking we're on good terms."

both the brunette and blonde were shocked and let out inaudible gasps. yoongi watched as taehyung got flustered and covered his mouth with both his hands. yoongi couldn't help but say 

"i'm sorry." and he regretted it as soon as it came out. he saw the anger and sorrow flash through taehyung's eyes. he saw the heartbreak when he left, and he saw the tears build up in his ex lovers eyes. oh how much he wishes he could travel back two years ago. yoongi regretted ever leaving taehyung's house, without any sort of explanation. it was unfair to taehyung, but yoongi's pride got the best of him so he never went back. he should've. he should've went back the next day and held taehyung in his arms and told him that he was the person he loves most in this world. the person he could always come to and talk and vent out his problems. the person that can make every single bad thing go away with just his smile, but it's too late now. taehyung would never love-

  "you're sorry? ha! well, yoongi? i think you're a bit~ too late. maybe you should've tried hmm i dunno two years ago?! i gave you my heart and you took it and fucking smashed it. a little ass sorry is not going to fix it. see, if they told me you were going to be here, i would've never bothered to even show up. did they tell you i was going to be here? they probably did. what a fucking joke." 

yoongi opened his mouth to at least explain, to tell him that he did know that taehyung was coming. that he asked if taehyung was coming, just so he could come as well, but was interrupted by another impulsive comeback. 

"you really had the au-fucking-dacity to apologize. yoongi, for God's sake you left me! you left me even after i begged, begged, you to stay! d-did you not love me? was that it? was i just a game to you? i gave you my all and you took that shit for granted. so please get off of your fucking high horse and shut up." 

"t-" yoongi tried reaching out to him, but taehyung pushed him away.

why would taehyung think that? of course yoongi loved him, oh god he loved taehyung so much it made his heart hurt. he just wanted to grab taehyung and tell him all the things he should've all those times ago. his heart broke once realizing that taehyung had already started crying again. yoongi had to stop himself from going to the crying boy and wipe all his tears away. he couldn't make matters worse. he needed to fix this, but with no idea how to start. 

the brunette watched as taehyung was pulled away after his request to commence the interviews. maybe this is how yoongi could fix it. maybe this interview can help everything sort out again. or maybe not.