Chapter Four

I almost instantly burst into tears. Not Harry, anyone but Harry. Harry is not only charming, but also the sweetest, most kind boy I've ever met.

                   .     .     .

      I remember in third grade when we had a field trip to the zoo. Harry was my assigned buddy, we had to stick together. We walked for a little together.  Harry stopped us though, he said he heard something strange coming from behind a gift shop. We wandered over to see what it was. We saw a puppy, just lying there, with two broken legs. Without even thinking about it, he picked it up and ran as fast as he could to the zoo vet center to get it help. That was the nicest thing I've ever seen. I've loved him ever since.

                   .     .     .

     Our eyes locked and his widened with fear. They sat him down in a chair identical to mine and tied him down. They dragged his chair right next to mine, almost as if they knew we had known each other. But that's crazy how would they know that... unless they took him from the party too. Then I couldn't help to think who else could they snatch from the party. What about Stacy!

     By now I'm sweating heavily. What could these men want from a bunch of kids. I scared myself a whole lot more thinking about it so I set the question aside. All I have to worry about right now is ME... and Harry. I looked over at him only to find he was looking back at me.

      I was wondering why he was staring at me. What was he thinking? Does he remember me? Does he even know who no am? He must at least know who I am, we've had at least one class together since freshman year and we had third grade.

     “Hey," I said faintly over to him, refusing to make eye contact.

     “Hi," he replied back slowly. He looked dead at me when he said it though. I know he's scared. I can see it in those beautiful green eyes.

     I opened my mouth to reply, but I noticed the man who must be our guard staring at us, so I decided not to. The thin leader guy walked back into the room. He started pulling groups of two chairs into separate separate rooms. Each rooming holding one guy and one girl.

      When they came to us, he pulled us both into a single room with grey torn-up walls. They're were a few of the supporting wooden post uncovered by the torn walls. We were untied from our chairs and retried to wooden posts across the room from each other. After a few moments the men left the room.