ᏟᎻᎪᏢᎢᎬᎡ ᎢᎻᎡᎬᎬ

"Want a smoke?" Colton offered, passing me a lit cigarette.

"Thanks." I took a drag from the cigarette.

"My ass is freezing," Colton stated for the umpteenth time.

"I don't care."

"Can't we go inside my car at least?"

"You can."

"Jackson, don't be like that," Colton said with a sigh.

"Leave him be," Derrick advised. "He got in a fight with his sister."

Colton's eyes widened. "Like a fistfight?"

Derrick smacked the back of his head. "No, idiot. They had an argument."

We were literally the only people at the beach right now. I guess not everyone likes going in February. The beach is my favourite place to go to when I'm happy, sad, or angry, like right now.

I took another drag from the cigarette, which didn't go unnoticed by Derrick.

He grabbed the cigarette out of my mouth and threw it in the ocean. "I think that's enough for you, Nicky."

Instead of arguing, like I usually would have done, I laid my head down on the frozen sand.

"Can we go back now? I'll get hypothermia!" Colton explained.

"I'm surprised you even know that word," Derrick said with a smirk.

"Shut up, Cosby. At least I go to school," Colton retorted.

I could tell Derrick looked uncomfortable so I stepped in. "Leave him alone, Hayes."

"Can we go now?" Colton pleaded.

"I agree with the idiot," Derrick piped in.

Reluctantly I stood up. "Fine, let's go."

"If anything, I think you're going to get hypothermia, Nick," Derrick told me. "You're wearing a fucking t-shirt."

I shrugged. "So what?"

Colton frowned slightly. "I don't know why you're so upset. She'll get over it and apologize."

"That's not the point," I told him. "Mandy and I never fight, Hayes. She crossed the line today." The guys knew my biggest weakness - my sister. I love that bitch more than anything.

Derrick threw an arm over my shoulder comfortingly. "Don't worry, everything will be okay, eventually."

"Why the fuck are you in a gang?" Colton asked him. "You should be a therapist or something?"

We all broke out into laughter and I actually felt a bit better.

We got inside Derrick's car and he drove back to my apartment. "You think Graham's still there?" he asked.

"I dunno. I hope not."

"I could shoot him on his way out," Colton offered. His sincerity frightened me a bit.

"Nah, Mandy will be devastated if he dies."

"Damn, you sure are a good brother, Jackson."

I shrugged. "That's what happens when you only have one family member left."

"You need a girlfriend," Derrick said out of nowhere.

"Huh?"

"A girlfriend would be a good person to vent out too," he explained.

Colton agreed. "Yeah, plus she can hug and kiss you to make you feel better."

"So can you," I said jokingly.