ᏟᎻᎪᏢᎢᎬᎡ FᎾᏌᎡ

"Doesn't this pretty much count as babysitting?" Derrick wondered aloud.

"My sister said to get someone to help me out while she was at cheer practice," I explained.

"Actually she said to get someone to look after you," Derrick corrected.

I threw my pillow at his head. "Shut up." It wasn't until after I threw the pillow that I realized I needed it back. "Der, pass me my pillow."

Derrick chuckled but obliged. "Here you go, your highness."

"That wasn't funny," I said flatly.

Derrick opened his mouth to say a quip but he froze when we heard a knock on the door.

"Nico, open up," Amanda called.

My eyes widened. "Crap, we lost track of time," I hissed.

"I gotta go," Derrick said. He stood up and headed toward the front door but I stopped him.

"You can't go that way, Der."

"Then how the hell am I supposed to get out?"

I glanced over at the window. "Perhaps you could-"

"Nope," Derrick interjected. "No fucking way."

I sat upright. "C'mon, you've jumped off of the roof of a building before!"

"Only because Colton pushed me off," he scoffed.

"Dude, seriously," I pleaded.

"Nico, who are you talking to?" Amanda demanded from outside of our apartment.

"No one," I lied.

"Open the door," she huffed.

"Give me a second," I called back. "You have to leave now," I said to Derrick.

"But-"

"Please, my sister can't see you," I continued.

He crossed his arms over his chest. "And why not?"

"You look like a fucking criminal!"

"Who looks like a criminal?" Amanda asked.

"A character from a TV show," I answered.

"So what if I look like a criminal?" Derrick asked. He looked genuinely offended.

"Do got really think my sister would let me hang out with criminals?"

Derrick shrugged. "Dunno. Why don't we see right now?"

I had to refrain from smacking him. "Get out."

"What if I get hurt?"

I scowled at him. "Leave right now unless you want my foot shoved up your ass."

He snorted. "What can you do?"

"Try me," I challenged.

Derrick immediately sobered up and looked at me fearfully. "Fine, I'll leave." He dramatically walked to the window and opened it. "Do I have to go-"

"Nico, get your lazy ass here already!" Amanda shouted.

"I thought you told me not to swear!" I called back.

I heard Amanda kick the door. "I'm sweaty, I'm tired, I'm hungry, and I don't give a shit if you're sick or not. Just open the fucking door and let me in or else I'll bust it open and shove my foot up your sorry ass!"

"Whoa, you guys really are siblings," Derrick said in awe.

"You said the most taboo word there is," I said to Amanda, ignoring Derrick's comment. "You should get a timeout."