ᏟᎻᎪᏢᎢᎬᎡ FᏆᏙᎬ

"What do you want to do?" Theodore asked me.

We were both currently sprawled across his couches with nothing to do since we finished our homework early.

"Do you want to check our answers...again?"

"We already checked them fourteen times," Theodore pointed out.

"Do you want to start next week's homework?" I offered.

Theodore sighed. "We did that last week, Nicholas."

I shrugged. "I don't know then. Do you have an idea?"

"You can hear me play Ode to Joy on the bassoon?" he suggested.

"I'll pass."

"There's a Lord of the Rings convention happening at-"

"How about no?"

"We could always call Sadie-"

"NO!"

Theodore looked at me surprisedly. "I know you hate her, but I didn't think you hated her that much."

"I do," I promised.

Theodore slumped in his seat, but he immediately perked up. "Oh! I can teach you how to crochet!"

I gave him a look.

"My grandma taught me," he added.

Before I could say anything, my phone rang. "Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, Nick..." a voice said warily. I was certain it was Ryan.

"What do you want?" I asked him, annoyed that he called. Ryan just has an ability to irk me for anything.

"I'm kinda in a sticky situation..." his voice trailed off.

"What do you mean by sticky situation?" I swear to God, if Ryan wounded up in some trouble with-

"I was at McDonald's and I saw a cute girl, so we were flirting, and then her boyfriend came out of the washroom, and he was big, Nick. Like massive! He was like a freaking monster truck! I'm not even lying! He was so huge that-"

"Get on with it!"

"Right, so he got mad, and- SHIT!" The line clicked dead.

"Crap," I muttered.

"Who was it?" Theodore asked me.

"My sister," I lied. "She needs me to call a mechanic because her car broke down."

Theodore sighed. "Sucks, Nicholas. Do you want any help?" Theodore knew about our financial issues.

I shook my head. "I'm fine. Thanks, Theodore." I exited his house and I dialled Keaton's number.

"Yo," he greeted.

"Meet me at McDonald's," I told him.

"If this is a date, you have to let me get ready first," he said.

I began to run as I talked to him. "Emerson got his sorry ass into trouble. Meet me there in five." I hung up and sprinted to the nearest McDonald's, silently praying that was the correct one.

I made it there in a few minutes - running from cops really does help increase one's stamina. Proving my assumption to be correct, I saw a gigantic man cornering the idiot known as Ryan Emerson. They were behind the McDonald's, out of sight from anyone in or near McDonald's. Ryan was cowering down in fear and I swear I saw a tear fall down his face.

"Hey!" I called out, walking towards them.

The giant turned around and looked at me like I was a piece of dirt. "Aye, why don't you head on outta here? You don't know what ya getting yourself into, boy."