ᏟᎻᎪᏢᎢᎬᎡ ᎬᏞᎬᏙᎬN

"I would definitely kill you if we weren't about to die," I told Colton.

"You said that seven times already!"

"And now I'm saying it for the eighth time," I argued back.

"Will you two shut up? I spent the last twenty minutes hearing you guys fight! Just shut up!" the guy tying us up yelled.

"This is pretty cliché, don't you think?" I said to Colton.

"I didn't even know there was a railroad nearby," he said in agreement.

"But this railroad has been abandoned for the past few years," I told him.

In case it wasn't obvious enough, Colton and I were currently being tied up to train tracks. Why? Well, when you leave a drunk Colton alone at a bar for just thirty seconds to go pee, the idiot ends up messing with the wrong people. So when you step in to try and end the fight, you both get taken against your will to an abandoned railroad and left to die. That's only the shortened version.

"Why are we tied up here then?" Colton asked. I noticed that the ropes were loosely tied around his legs. I made a mental note of that. It may come in handy later on.

The guy blinked out of confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Couldn't you have chosen somewhere else to tie us up? I mean, the last time a train was seen here was nearly four years ago," I pointed out. You were better off with just smashing a glass bottle of beer on our heads and calling it a day."

"Jackson," Colton hissed. "Don't give him ideas!"

"Then don't get into fights next time and expect me to save your sorry ass," I argued back.

"I never asked for your help," he retorted.

I chuckled dryly. "Right," I deadpanned. "And you were just going to save yourself?"

Colton shrugged. "Potentially..."

"Don't even lie, Hayes, you're drunk as fuck."

He shook his body violently. "I'm pretty sober now, don't ya think?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, watching your death unravel right in front of you sure is a wake up call."

"I will personally gauge your fucking eyeballs out," Colton warned.

"Nice word," I remarked. "How long did you stay up last night memorizing the dictionary?"

"Just became I'm no Alvin Einstein doesn't mean I'm not smart," Colton said angrily.

"It's Albert Einstein," I corrected him.

"Does that really matter right now? We're going to die!"

"Are you kidding me? Knowledge always matters!"

"Hey," the guy who was tying us called out. "Aren't you the guy who robbed some bank?"

It felt as if my blood flow had stopped, and not because the ropes were digging into my skin.

"I saw a picture on the news and you kinda look like him from the side," he continued.

"Yeah, it was me," Colton answered.

The guy snapped his fingers. "I knew you looked familiar!" He glanced at me. "But you...Where have I seen you before?" I held my breath, waiting for my cover to be blown. "Nah," the guy said with a shake of his head. "I've never seen you before."

I didn't realize until now that I was sweating, which was obviously unnatural, considering we were surrounded by snow.

"Say," I thought aloud. "Where are the other guys? Weren't there five of you?"