Chapter 6: She'd have it so much better with me

🎶If you don't believe it baby...when your knockin at my door...🎶

Chapter 6

(NIALLS POV)

i watch her, following her with my eyes as she rejoins a ginger-haired girl and a brown-haired boy, probably her friends. The boy suddenly puts his hand on her cheek and kisses her softly. I quickly look away...what, was I kidding myself? Sapphire's so perfect, of course she's taken. A flicker of hope suddenly arrives as I continue to watch...Saph pushes the boy off her gently, telling something to him...when I see something totally unacceptable. The boy-who I now decide I hate-punched Sapphire square in the face. I wince, unsure of what to do. I just let my brain take control, ignoring the yells of My bandmates as I feel myself jump up from the signing table and dash over to where she is, punching the guy just as he had punched Saph. No woman, especially not my amazing best friend, deserved something like that from a guy. The boy fell to the ground, and I cried for security to take him away. Thankfully they had seen what happened and did so. I leaned over Sapphire, who was holding her nose. It looked like it was broken.

"Are you okay, Saph?" I asked. She laughed sarcastically, wincing.

"Yeah, just peachy." she joked...her Irish accent still loud and clear. I couldn't help but laugh at her sarcasm. I called over some more security to get her to a doctor.

"I hope you'll be back in time for the concert." I smiled. The security guy answered for her,

"Of course she will, Mr. Horan. It only looks like a broken nose, we'll have her all fixed up with a doctor. She'll be fine." the guard said. I smiled. Saph's friend was staring at me, her mouth wide open.

"Do...do you know Sapphire?" she asked. "uh, yes. She's an old friend...my best friend from when we both lived in Mullingar." i revealed.

"Mr. Horan, please go back to the signing table." Another guard reminded me, so I did so. I hope to god that Saph will be ok...I don't want her hurt again. I can't help but think about how she'd have it so much better off if she was with me, other than that other boy who punched her.