RWBY/Ozpin

Choice. It's a recurring theme in the world of Remnant. But does choice truly mean anything when it comes to this show? While it is based on a matter of opinion, I say no. The main reason I say this is because of one man and one man only. Ozpin. He has never given anyone a "choice" so far. To prove my statement, I'll be using just a few of his interactions with characters, that have made a physical appearance on the show or not. Let's start with Pyrrha Nikos. She was a brave soul, that would sacrifice herself for the greater good. This was her flaw. This was something that Ozpin knew. When he brought her to Amber, he manipulated her. He knew she was aware that if she did not say yes, thousands would die. He pressured her. And yes, he gave her a bit of time, but till the end of the vytal festival. Another example are the maidens themselves. They cleaned up his house, and he gives them powers? Not just any power, but elementumkinesis? The ability to manipulate all elements? He made them targets. They didn't have a choice to become the maidens. Another example is Gretchen. While, yes, it was her choice to join Beacon, he didn't take responsibility for her death. Why should children have to clean up his mess? My most important example is Oscar. I don't think I should have to explain, but for the sake of my point, I will. Ozpin reincarnated into Oscar, a young boy who, honestly, had a decent life. Oscar had absolutely no say, and was forced to accept it. Not only that, but it was revealed that they will eventually become one. That is sick. If anyone has seen V6 it's like Oscar is becoming more and more like Ozpin. Anyways, my point is, that, when it comes to choice, Ozpin does not consider it an option. He has been alive for thousands of years, and has done the same thing he has done to Oscar. We don't even know who the man he was reincarnated before Oscar. He has shaped Remnant into his perfect image, and yet, is making children fight for him.

Agree or Disagree?

Agree or Disagree?

CONFESSIONS DO NOT REFLECT MY PERSONAL OPINIONS SO DON'T @ ME!