Chapter 8

After a long day at work, I finally got home. I closed and locked the door behind me. I entered my bedroom and I pulled off my shoes first. I then changed into some sweatpants and a hoodie.

I headed to the kitchen to make myself some dinner. I scanned the fridge and cabinets and I settled on making some roast chicken and veggies.

Of course you know what happened next. I plugged in my earphones into my phone and put them into my ears. I then put on Work by Rihanna and Drake.

Yes, I still love the song like crazy; you got a problem with that?

I preheated the oven and got to peeling and chopping the veggies. I got to spicing my chicken pieces with my special rub that of course is a secret (wink wink).

After Work ended Acquainted by the Weeknd came on and lost my shit. I started singing at the top of my lungs and dancing sexy as I put the spiced chicken and seasoned veggies into the hot oven. Obviously, the chicken and veggies were drizzled with olive oil.

As I waited for the food to cook, I was singing and dancing like crazy in the kitchen as the music blasted through my earphones....

When the chicken and veggies was fully cooked, I pulled it out of the oven and plated some for myself. I decided to also have some red wine so I poured myself a glass.

I switched off my music and pulled the earphones out of my ears. I headed to the living room with my food in my hands. I settled on the couch and switched on the TV. I tuned into MTV and Catfish: The TV Show was on so I watched intently as I love the show.

I finished my food and beverage and cleaned my dirty dishes. I settled into the couch once more and decided to call my parents.

I dialled my mom's number and on the fourth ring she picked up.

"Hi mom." I said enthusiastically as I was happy to be talking to her.

"Hey sweetie. How are you?" She asked in a happy tone.

"I'm good mom. Great actually. Uhh, is dad with you? I have some news to share."

"Yeah. He's right here. Hey Jay, Blake's on the phone."

"Hello son. How's life." I heard my dad's deep voice through the receiver of my phone. I could hear the smile in his voice. He's a chilled person and kind of a softy once you get to know him.

"Hey dad. Life's great and I miss you guys so much."

"Awwww, we miss you too sweety." Replied my mom and she continued, "So, what's the news you wanted to tell us."

"Uhhh, do you remember when I told you guys that there's this guy I'm dating?"

"Of course son. What about him?" My dad asked hesitantly.

"Well, firstly his name is Adam and secondly how would you like to meet him this weekend?"

At that instant I heard my mom scream in excitement.

"Of course yes honey. You guys can spend the weekend here. I'll prepare your room for you guys."

I smiled an ear-to-ear smile as I said, "Thanks mom. Dad?"

"Yeah, you two can come over. I just want have a little chat with this Adam character." My dad replied with a hint of seriousness in his tone.

"Dad, please don't go all cop on him and scare him away." I said with a warning tone.

"Don't worry Blake. I just want to make sure my favourite son is in safe hands there in New York."

"I'm your only son dad." I said with a chuckle.

"I'm so excited, I just feel like bouncing off the walls right now." My mom said with excitement lacing her voice.

I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as I continued to catch up and chat with my parents.

A/N: Don't forget to vote and comment :)