Chapter 9

Today is Friday. Adam and I took a day off so that we can take this trip. Currently, we're seated in Adam's private jet.

After I found out he has a private jet, all I could think was 'of course he has a private jet. He's fucking loaded. If I were him, I would have one as well'.

We were seated opposite each other. He looked pretty nervous so I tried to think of something comforting.

"Calm down babe. Your going to be just fine. They'll love you." I said reassuringly with a warm smile accompanying the statement.

"Ok. I mean they are your parents. They brought you into this world so I think I'm allowed to be a bit nervous."

I let out a small chuckle accompanied by a shrug.

                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, we have arrived in Chicago. I quickly umbuckled my seatbelt after the seatbelt light switched off above us and got up from my seat. I was very eager and excited to finally see my parents after not seeing them for a while.

Adam also followed suit and got up from his seat. We got off the jet and headed to the awaiting car, presumably with all our luggage in it. There was a man dressed, formally, in  black by the driver's side of the car.

I could recognise this car anywhere because it was one of my favourites. It was a Jaguar F-Pace.

And of course the car was grey. I mean, this is Adam we're talking about.

Adam opened the passenger side for me and I got in. He rounded the car and took the keys from the man and got in the car. He smiled at me and said "Shall we get going?"

"Yes. Actually now that I think about it, I think it's better if I drive since I know the way and so that I won't keep directing you."

"Actually, your right." He said and we got out of the car and swapped seats.

"This car is one of my favourites so it will be great to be able to feel it's power."

"Uhhh, I think that's my cue to buckle up and hold on tight." Adam said nervously as he buckled his seat belt.

I buckled my seatbelt, adjusted the steering wheel to suit my height and I moved my seat slightly forward.

I turned the car on and connected my phone to the car radio via Bluetooth. Adam raised an eyebrow at me.

"What? I love music" I said with a smile. He let out a chuckle and shook his head.

"Brace yourself mister because I did an advanced driving course and I won't go easy on you or the car." I smiled evilly.

He chuckled nervously as the first song came on and it was All The Stars by Kendrick Lamar and SZA.

I started the car and revved the engine for a bit to get the feel of the car. And then I took of.

Of course speed and agility is the name of the game as I'm driving but I was also mindful of the traffic rules and other drivers. I got increasingly excited as I passed familiar surroundings as I was nearing my home.

After about 20 minutes, we were driving down my street. I pulled into the driveway of my childhood home and Adam breathed out a sigh of relief and umbuckled his seatbelt.

"Wow. You weren't kidding about not going easy."

I just replied with a shrug and a smile. I switched off the car, umbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car. Adam followed suit and we walked side by side to the front door.

The house is just as I left it. Perfectly cut grass, beautiful, colourful flowers and the same modern 2 storey home.

When we reached the front door, I rang the doorbell. I heard the clicking of heels and I immediately knew who came to answer the door.

She opened the door and greeted me with a huge smile and a tight hug.

"Blake sweetie. Oh, I missed you so much." My mom said and she let me go.

"I missed you too mom." I reciprocated her smile with one of my own.

"Come in. Come in." She said and eagerly ushered us in.

We walked into the house and I decided to do the introductions.

"Mom, this is Adam, my boyfriend. Adam, this is Lauren, my mom." I introduced enthusiastically.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mrs King. And thank you for welcoming me to stay in your beautiful home." Adam said with a polite smile and he put his hand out for her to shake.

My mom ignored his hand and just pulled him into a hug.

"It's a pleasure Adam and stop with this Mrs King nonsense. Just call me Lauren." My mom said without her smile faltering for a second.

I could tell she already loved him.

"Make yourself at home and come on, Jay is in the living room."

"Dad's here? He's not at work? I know you took a day off but I thought we'd see dad after work." I said as we walked down the hall towards the living room.

"He took the day off as well actually. As much as your father loves his work, he wanted to be here when his son comes home."

I smiled even wider at this statement. We turned left into the living room. And there he was. And of course my father chose to do this today of all days.

I could feel Adam stiffen next to me and I glanced at him and fear was written all over his face. I want to laugh but I'm holding it in. My father was seated on the loveseat with a table in front of him. He had his disassembled shotgun in front of him and he was cleaning it.

My dad turned towards our direction and smiled widely when he saw me. He stood up and came over to me.

"Son. We missed you." He said as he hugged me and gave me a pat on my back. I hugged him back, squeezing him tightly.

"I missed you guys too." My dad let me go and looked over at Adam. "Dad, this is Adam. Adam, this is Jay, my dad."

"It's nice to meet you Mr King." Adam said nervously.

"Likewise Adam." My dad said through narrowed eyes. I knew what he was doing. He did it to all the guys I've brought home.

My dad was being intimidating and was testing Adam. Of course all the previous guys have failed the test so we'll see how Adam does.

"Blake, will you help me prepare dinner please." My mom asked with a hopeful look in her eyes and I knew she wanted details about Adam and I.

"Yeah sure." I said hesitantly.

"Adam and I will remain here and have a little chat." My dad said with his usual calm demeanour.

Adam looked even more nervous and I just gave him a reassuring smile. My mom and I then went to the kitchen to cook dinner.

A/N: I hope you guys are enjoying the story..... oh and Adam's POV is coming up in the next chapter...😁

Please comment and let me know what you think of the story and the characters. Don't forget to vote☺