Chapter 18

3 years later and Adam and I are still going strong. We've had a couple of bumps in the road but they made our relationship even stronger.

A year and a half ago, I decided to open my own café and I must say, it's quite popular. Obviously, I stopped working as Adam's assistant but it was a nice while it lasted, if you catch my drift (wink).

Today is Saturday and we close up early on Saturdays and we don't open on Sundays. It's 3:56 pm and I'm at home. Adam said he had something to do so he's been gone the whole day.

I got up from the couch and decided to start dinner early. I opened the fridge and wondered what I was going to cook. I'm a good cook, if I do say so myself.

I took out all the ingredients and spices that I'll need and set them on the counter. I took out the wooden chopping board and a knife.

I plugged in my earphones and put them in my ears. The first song that came on was Different by Shekhinah and Mariechan.

I started with marinating the pork chops with my special spice rub and Worcestershire sauce. After I was done with it, I placed it in the fridge so that I can sit and marinade for a bit.

Half-way through making dinner, I felt hands wrap around my waist and I was pulled into a strong chest. I instantly knew that was Adam by the way by body relaxed into the familiarity of his body as the smell of his cologne wafted into my nose.

I started to grind on him and pulls out one earphone and put it into his ear. Body Party by Ciara was on and he started following my actions to the rythym of the music. I paused the music and put the phone and earphones on the counter. I turned around in his arms and smiled at him.

"Hey baby". He greeted with a peck to my lips.

"Hi there old man." He raised an eyebrow at me and amusement was clear on his face and in his eyes.

"I'm not old. I'm only a couple of years older then you." He responded with a chuckle.

"Point is, your old."  I smiled widely at him and pecked his lips.

I had an idea aand pulled away from his arms.

"Watch these for me," I said gesturing to the pots, on the stove, and the oven. "I'll be right back." I took my phone along with me.

I went to the living room and I unplugged the earphones, set them on the coffee table and switched on my phone's Bluetooth. I switched on the Bluetooth for the speakers and connected my phone to them.

I put on Suncity by Khalid and Empress and I turned up the volume. I didn't understand the Spanish lyrics of the song but I loved it nonetheless.

I went to the kitchen with my phone and when I arrived and I started dancing and sung along to the English lyrics.

"Two days til' I'm back on the road
And I'm wantin' you
I hear you calling me, so come on to me tonight
No time to be worried about what we wanna do
Just take care of me, I'll let you take the lead"

Adam was laughing his ass off until he joined me in dancing. I occasionally checked on the food, making sure it doesn't burn. This continued song after song until the food was ready. Adam set the table and opened a bottle of wine and poured us a glass, while I plated the food.

I placed Adam's plate in front of him and placed mine in front of my place at the table and I sat down.

"So, how were things at the café?" He asked and took a bite of his food.

"Ya know, the usual. Paul was busy flirting with Sandy, as usual." I said with a chuckle. Paul and Sandy are my employees. Paul likes Sandy and I think Sandy is just playing hard to get.

"Although today, Sandy agreed to a date with him." I said with excitement.

"About time. Paul was dying to go out with her." Adam responded with a smile. Paul and Adam developed a friendship and now they're good friends.

Dinner was carried on with small talk and talk of how our parents are doing and such. Of course there was laughter and I was basking in how lucky I was to get such an amazing man.

We just finished washing the dishes and cleaning up. I switched off the lights, except for the ones outside, and headed upstairs; hand-in-hand with the love of my life.

We entered our bedroom and he seemed nervous and on edge.

"Hey, is something wrong?" I asked as I turned around to face him after shutting the door.

"No no. I'm fine." He ran his hands through his hair and went to the walk-in closet. I shrugged and went to place my watch on the nightstand. I scrolled though my phone for a few minutes and checked my messages.

When I turned around, Adam was kneeling on one knee, and my hand flew to my mouth in shock. He opens the velvet ring box in his hand and revealed a silver band with small diamonds around it.

"I love you Blake. Always have and always will. I love waking up with you in my arms every morning and going to bed with you every night. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and start a family with you. I want us to make this official and it would be a great honour to call you my husband."

By now, there were tears in my eyes and I struggled to hold them in. My heart exploded with love towards this amazing man.

"Blake James King, will you do me the honour of becoming my husband? Will you marry me?".

He waited with bated breath for my answer.

I nodded and answered, "Of course Adam, I'll happily marry you and become your husband."

He released a breath of relief and slipped the ring on to my finger. He stood up and captured my lips in a kiss that had passion but most of all, love.

                           THE END

A/N: Please read the author's note that's after this chapter and I hope you engage and post a question or questions :)

This is the end for these two; for now😉. I hope you enjoyed the book and please to vote and comment. I really appreciate the support, thank you to you all! Thank you for reading my story! Thank you for voting and thank you for commenting.  The sequel, named 'A Complicated Love', is up (on Wattpad). I hope you check it out and enjoy it! :)

Please vote and comment☺