Chapter 10

Adam's POV

I watched as Blake and Lauren made their way to the kitchen. I became even more nervous because I'm left alone in the room with Blake's dad and he was cleaning his gun! The thought made me gulp.

"Take a seat Adam." Mr King said and I silently did as told.

"So, tell me about yourself." He said as he sat back down in his previous position and faced me, giving me his undivided attention.

"Uhhh, I'm Adam Grey, the CEO of Grey Corporation Inc. I am the eldest of two children. I have a Master's in Business." I said as I rubbed my sweaty palms on my jean clad knees.

"I see. You say your the CEO of Grey Corp Inc? So your Blake's boss?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes sir." I replied as I awaited his reaction rather nervously.

"Huh. I see. You won't break my son's heart will you?" He asked seriously and I shook my head.

"I would never think of it sir. I love your son and I would not hurt him; at least not intentionally." I said with newfound confidence. 

He smiled at this. I relaxed and let out a small sigh of relief.

"I'm glad to hear it. Does he know you love him?"

"Not yet sir. I haven't exactly had the courage to tell him. More like I'm scared of what his reaction will be."

"Ok. But judging by the way he looks at you, I wouldn't be worried if I were you. And please look after him for me."

"Will do sir." I said with my own smile.

I guess he's warming up to me.

"And stop calling me sir. My names Jay; use it." He said with a teasing tone.

I smiled and nodded.

"Well, I guess I have to put this away now. I don't think I'll need it." He said jokingly as he picked up the gun and all the pieces that go along with it and he disappeared out of the room.

At that moment, Blake came into the room and stood in front of me. 

"Well you look relaxed. I'm taking it that chat went well." He said with a smirk.

I looked at him lovingly and wondered how I got lucky to have him in my life.

"Yes it did." I got up from the couch and pecked his lips.

"Good. Now come on and help us in the kitchen." He said as took my hand and pulled me towards the kitchen with a grin on his face.

We entered the kitchen and Lauren was busy stirring something in the pot on the stove.

"Oh, Adam dear." She glanced at me quickly with a smile.

"I came to give you guys a hand, more like Blake dragged me here." I said teasingly.

Lauren fake glared at Blake. "Blake, Adam is a guest in our home. He should be relaxing."

"Oh no Lauren. I would have offered anyway. It's not a bother at all." I said with a polite smile on my face.

"If you insist dear. You can just peel and chop the vegetables for me." Lauren said gesturing to the veggies on the counter.

I rolled my shirt sleeves up to my elbows and grapped a knife on the holder and Blake handed me a peeler.

"Oh yeah mom. There's one little detail I didn't exactly tell you."

"Yes?"

"Well, uh, Adam is kind of, well is my boss" Blake glanced at me as we awaited her reaction.

"So? If you two have feelings for each other than you should go for it. And I bet it sure is fun having sex on the office table." Lauren said as she winked at us after closing the pot.

"Mom!" Blake looked at her horrified and a blush tinted his cheeks as I burst out laughing.

"Well, I can't argue with that because it is very true." I said teasingly just to mess with Blake.

"Adam! What is wrong with you two? Is this some type of conspiracy?" He said as he couldn't help but crack a smile.

I just shrugged and went back to my task. Blake was busy with seasoning the veggies I already chopped and preparing them to go into the oven. Dinner prep was filled with laughter, chatting and soon we were seated at the dinner table.

Blake was seated opposite me, with Lauren next her and Jay opposite her, who was ultimately next to me.

"There was this one time when Blake was about 3 years old and he saw twins for the first time. We were at the park having a family picnic. He ran over to us crying. He said mommy, daddy, there's two of them but they are one." All of us were laughing hysterically at this story, even Blake, as Lauren continued.

"We were confused as to what he was talking about until he pointed over to the twin brothers over at the swings. Jay and I laughed out heads off when we realised what he was crying about."

"In my defence, I was a confused little boy." Blake defended himself as he was laughing.

Dinner continued in this manner and I got more comfortable in his home and around his family. But most of all, I was falling in love with him even more. 

A/N: What do you think of Adam's POV? Don't forget to vote and comment☺. And, I took the whole twins story from my own experience. When I was little, I cried when i saw twins for the first time 😂. It obviously didn't happen in the way I wrote in the chapter ;)