Chapter 14

Adam's POV

Dr Morey let me in Blake's hospital room and left us alone. The sight in front of me broke my heart even more.

Blake had a leg brace on his left leg and an arm sling on his left arm. He had a bandage around his torso. He had medical equipment hooked to him.

His chest rose and fell steadily and I immediately wished it was me in his position, instead of him.  If I could take his place, I would.

I walked to his bedside and sat down on one of the two chairs. I took hold of his hand gently. I wiped my cheeks with my free hand when I realised I was crying.

"Please get better. I'm sorry. This is all my fault Blake. I'm so sorry." I whispered and released a broken sob.

I put my head on the side of his bed and I cried myself to sleep.

                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blake's POV

Pain. All I felt is pain coursing all through my body as I opened me eyes. I was temporarily blinded by fluorescent light and I immediately closed them. It took a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the bright light.

I looked around the room and realised I was in the hospital. I felt something on my hand and looked over to my right and there he was.

Adam was sat in a chair, his head on the side of my bed with his hand interlocked with mine.

Then, everything came rushing back to me. I remembered everything that happened today. Or was it yesterday. How long was I out?

I decided to exam myself and I was shocked. I had a leg brace and arm sling, both on my left side and a bandage around my torso. As I was still wrapping my head around everything I heard shuffling and looked over; Adam was waking up.

He looked up and his eyes widened and filled with relief. His eyes were puffy and red, indicating he had been crying, and his hair was disheveled. Probably from running his hand through it too many times.

"Your awake. Thank goodness your awake. I'll go get the doctor." He jumped out of the chair and ran out the room.

After a few minutes, he back with a doctor in tow. He was handsome, I've got to say. He was wearing black dress pants, dark blue shirt with the top button undone and a white lab coat. He had a stethoscope around his neck and a clipboard with a pen win his hand.

"Hello Mr King. How do you feel?" He asked politely.

"Just call me Blake." I rasped out before clearing my throat. "I feel pain all over my body. Basically, I feel horrible."

"Ok. You remember your name. That's a good sign." He nodded to himself. "Will you step outside please Mr Grey. I need to perform a medical exam on Blake."

Adam was about to protest but I shook my head. He silently stepped out and the doctor moved closer.

He conducted the exam and write some things down on the clipboard.

"I'm going to conduct a memory exam and check if you have any memory loss or anything like that." He said calmly and I simply nodded my head.

"Ok. What is your name?"

"Blake King"

"How old are you?"

"24"

"Who are your parents?"

"Jay and Lauren King."

"What is your marital status?"

"I'm in a relationship with Adam Grey."

"Where do you work?"

"Grey Corp Inc as an assistant"

"Where is your hometown?"

"Chicago"

"How many siblings do you have?"

"I don't have any. I'm an only child."

"Do you remember what happened?"

I nodded my head and sadness, slight anger and hurt filled me as I recalled what Adam had done.

"Okay, I'm satisfied. Your not showing any signs of memory loss." He smiled.

"How long have I been out?"

"Not long. You've been sleeping for about...." He checked his watch, "an hour and a half since surgery."

I raised my eyebrow. "What happened to me doctor?" I asked referring to my injuries.

"Well, you have a broken arm, 3 broken ribs, concussion, and your leg was fractured in the femur and tibia."

I nodded as I understood what he was telling me.

"The concussion should be healed by tomorrow. Your arm will take about 8 weeks and 6 weeks for your ribs and leg." He said and he smiled at me afterwards.

"Okay. Thank you." I said sincerely.

"You don't need to thank me. I'll get a nurse to come give you something for the pain."

I just nodded and the doctor walked out of the door and Adam came in soon after. He took a seat in his previous position. He took my hand but I pulled it away. He looked hurt my action.

"Blake. I swear, I didn't do anything. Rob kissed me but I didn't kiss him back. I didn't pull away because I was stunned by his action." He said sadly and desperately.

I softened as he said that. "Why didn't you tell me about him?"

"I just wasn't ready and I was going to tell you. He just disappeared because his father hated him for being gay. I'm so sorry Blake. Please forgive me." He said and my expression softened further.

I just smiled and put my hand in his. He looked at me lovingly and I didn't expect what he said next.

"I love you Blake." He got up and kissed me.

"I love you too Adam." I replied against his lips with a smile.

A/N: I hope y'all are enjoying the story. Please vote and comment☺