An Odd Salamander

As you and Jim laughed, you and Jim witnessed a ship that crash landed at the front of the Benbow Inn. You two ran towards the ship to help the person piloting inside.

"Hey sir! Sir you're okay in there right!?" Jim hit the door as a big hand scared Jim, causing him to trip.

The door of the small ship opened and you two found out that the 'person' that's inside turned out to be a big salamander. And as weird as it sounds, he is the cause of the big adventure.

"He's a comin'. Do you here 'em?" The salamander grabbed Jim on his collar and said the exact words. He continued to chatter about non sense, as if he was telling a cliche folklore that are usually told to children.

"Don't let em find this!" He gave you a chest that isn't very heavy at all. You shook the chest to know what's inside. You then figured out that it's only one object  that's inside the chest. But what is it?

You, Jim and the Salamander proceeded to walk to the Benbow Inn.

"Mom's gonna love this..." Jim muttered sarcastically, trying not to catch the attention of the injured reptile.

As the door creaked open, you were met with Sarah's terrifying expression that scattered on her face.

"JAMES PLEIADES HAWKINS!"

"Mom! He's hurt! Bad!" Jim exclaimed as he gently layed the Salamander on the floor. 

"Me chest, lass... Me chest!" The Salamander reached to grab the chest. You gave it to him as he opened it up.

"They'll be comin soon... I can't let them find this!"

The dying salamander said as he held the circular object, covered with a thick towel.

"Who's coming?" Jim asked, confused.

The Salamander grabbed Jim by the collar, and with a bone chilling raspy voice, he whispered.

"The Cyborg...

Beware..

The cyborg..!"

And just like that, he dropped on the floor, his last words bringing confusion and fear to the four of you.

"Jim, what's going on!?" You asked, really confused.

"I.... I don't know...." Jim replied, his eyes widening as he looked at you.

Jim opened the window, witnessing a silhouette of a bunch of creatures carrying weird gadgets and weapons, heading towards the Inn. You knew this wasn't good.

"Quick, we gotta go!" He yelled, as he grabbed your hand along with Sarah's.

"I believe I'm with Jim on this one!" Delbert exclaimed as he followed Jim up the stairs.

You two got left behind to see who or what was chasing you, but before you knew it, Delbert and Sarah were about to jump off a window.

"Don't worry Sarah! I'm an expert of the laws of physical science! On the count of three, one--"

Delbert was about to say 2, but he was interrupted by Jim's loud scream

"THREE!!!" Jim yelled as he pushed you, Sarah and Delbert down Delbert's carriage.
Jim landed right next to you, while holding the globe.

Sarah looked back at the Benbow Inn, now burning in fire.

Jim was about to say something, but he couldn't say it. Even if he knew that a simple "It's gonna be fine" would help, he didn't say it.

He unwrapped the object that's covered with a towel. It looked like a circular Rubik's cube as it reflected by a light, causing it to glow and brighten you and Jim's face.

"What do you think that object is?" You asked as you held the globe in your hands.

"I'm not sure. But we'll have to find out. Maybe it could hold a big secret. Who knows?"
You nodded, as you continued to look at the globe.