Ch.25

A certain Uchiha felt blissful at the peaceful atmospheres she was engulfed with

A certain Uchiha felt blissful at the peaceful atmospheres she was engulfed with. Sitting in a room, surrounded by undersea creatures, Shinsa relaxed herself into the seat she was in, sipping the chamomile tea that was made ready for her by a certain blonde perverted cook. She ran her fingers through her hair, ruffling the disorganized strands in the process.

Once they felt somewhat presentable, Shinsa tied the end with her hair tie, and went back to looking over the scroll in her hand. This particular scroll was one in the ancient Uchiha language, which used during the first great shinobi war. While all Shinobi's knew of the common tongue spoken amongst them, most of the great clans had their own language they would use as codes amongst themselves. Shinsa being privy to learning the "lost" language of the Uchiha clan. Her grandmother had only taught her the basics before the prodigal child managed to pick up the rest on her own.

"Shinsa-San,"  almost furrowing her brows in annoyance, Shinsa looked up from her scroll, acknowledging the presence that she previously ignored. "May I inquire as to what you're reading?" Nico Robin, the crews archeologist smiled at the white haired women who was staring blankly at her.

Instead of responding, Shinsa closed up the scroll, and stuffed it under her cardigan that was folded neatly by her side.

"Do you need something?" The white haired female questioned as she raised her teacup to her mouth. She gave Robin an empty, small smile, nearly identical to the one the historian was giving her.

[After reading the reviews of the last art style, I decided on this one for the rest of the book

[After reading the reviews of the last art style, I decided on this one for the rest of the book. I mixed a lil of my own art style to the one piece one with the thicker lashes and brows lol. Sorry I keep changing it 😭]

Robin's mouth twitched, but otherwise her smile remained. She walked up to the Kunoichi, and sat on the opposite end of the bench from her.

Curiosity nearly sparked Shinsa, finding it hard to read the women before her. While her eyes reminded her of many war veterans from Konoha, there was something else hidden beneath them that she couldn't quiet decipher.

'The most wary member of the crew, Nico Robin. This is the first time she's willingly approached me.' Sensing the hidden suspicion, Shinsa quickly sealed the scroll away, and because it was underneath the cardigan, Robin didn't see it poof out of existence.

"Oh my; I'm only intrigued at our common interests in historical artifacts. That's what I'm assuming that scroll was, am I correct?" Shinsa's nearly narrowed her eyes, that would have shown her being on guard. Robin was far too observant for her liking.

"I don't like repeating myself." Shinsa couldn't stop herself from responding back coldly, momentarily forgetting her desire to treat the crew with more respect.

Robin released a chuckle, acting as if she wasn't being threatened at the moment. Instead, she gladly opened up the hatch where Sanji would send down drinks, and pulled out the steaming cup of tea prepared for her.

She took long sip of the hot drink, and looked at Shinsa. Her smile completely wiped from her face.

"I'm going to be straight with you. I find it hard to believe that you honestly had no clue as to who my captain is. Just where was this supposedly isolated island that would make it so you wouldn't even know of the infamous pirate who broke dangerous prisoners out from impel down?" Robin was quick to business, saying what she wanted without dancing around with her words.

Already aware of Robin's intentions, the female Uchiha released a smirk, one that almost screamed 'danger' to the archeologist.

"And I'm certain I've told you that the island I was from was completely secluded from the world. We were so isolated that anyone who left could never return." The calm response of the Kunoichi contradicted her facial expression.

Robin narrowed her eyes, not buying the answer.

"If it was so isolated, how did you get kidnapped and sold into slavery?"

'Ah. I have made a mistake.' The unusual thought went through Shinsa's mind, since mistakes were rarely made by her. Mistakes meant death in the Shinobi world. Had she gone careless because she was now in a place where it wasn't kill or be killed?

A flashback went through her mind, and instantly, the white haired female knew what to say that would both ease Robin's suspicion, along with the rest of the crew's.

"Since it's come to this, I might as well tell you. I wasn't trying to hide this, however, try to understand that this is painful for me to explain." Shinsa began her words, her face falling into a blank, expression-less mask.

Sensing the seriousness, Robin placed down her cup, and gave her attention to the Kunoichi before her.

"I wasn't from some unknown, or isolated island. Actually, I was from a small island in the east blue. However, I do not recall the name because I was forcefully taken by the age of 4." Shinsa paused, as if she was remembering a painful memory.

"I don't know why, but I was taken by the world Government, and placed into the custody of the people known as Celestial Dragons." Robin's eyes widened hearing this coming out from the white haired women. The archeologist knew full well who the Celestial Dragons.

"I was forcefully ripped away from my parents, and thrusted into the vulgar hands of fat pigs, and treated as a slave for the majority of my life. The things they did to me..." Shinsa covered her mouth as if she was gonna puke and her eyes darkened. She placed a Genjutsu to play on Robin's emotions a bit to make herself seem more pitiful.

"I've finally escaped after years of being tormented, and stumbled upon your captain in the woods. I don't care who you share this information with, however, know that I'll do anything, if it keeps me out of their clutches. Even if it means showcasing the entire crew's heads to the World Government, in exchange for my freedom." And the fear and animosity showed in Shinsa's eyes were the first form of truth the women showed the archeologist.

Because what was going through her mind was not the bull-shit story she was stating. In fact, what Shinsa was thinking of, was the dark times she spent in Kirigakure.