Ch.26

[Sorry for long wait...]

After the awfully irritable conversation Shinsa had with the crews Archeologist, she found herself stripping in the bath room

After the awfully irritable conversation Shinsa had with the crews Archeologist, she found herself stripping in the bath room. First layer of clothing to come off was her socks and cardigan. Then it was her turtleneck, as well as her joggers. Last she carefully peeled off her bandages with her undergarments. The chakra pills enhanced the healing rate of her wounds, so she was at a state where she could soak them in the hot water that filled up the huge bath.

Reminded of her wounds, Shinsa caught herself looking over her scars, a habit she picked up during the war. It was a way for her to constantly remind herself of what she endured to make her the way she currently is.

"...how unsightly." The women muttered, her face scrunching up in disgust, and she proceeded to head into the already prepared bath. She leaned back, her elbows touching the wooden back rest, and the Kunoichi released a sigh. It was nice to finally relax. After all, she was put on a two month mission, and on her way back, she was ambushed. On her death bed, she used a forbidden jutsu to send her into a different galaxy where she's been on constant guard 24/7.

Only now did Shinsa allow her self to relax. Even if it would only be for a minute, because if her time at her world taught her anything, it would be that even a best friend, or a sibling, or even an idolized mentor could be a two faced enemy. The cruel reality of the ninja world is that the only way to survive is to never trust anyone 100%. Even your own parents must be looked at with a certain amount of caution.

Shinsa was snapped out from her self narrating daydream, when she felt the same women she was escaping from, head towards the bathroom. Another presence was trailing behind her. The now annoyed Uchiha released a groan, mentally preparing herself for the incoming disturbance.

"Shinsa-san, would you mind if we join you?" Robin voice rang out from behind the door.
"We?" Shinsa questioned even though she already knew who 'we' was.

"Momo-Chan and I wish to take a bath, and it would be a waste of energy if I waited for you to finish, and draw another bath."

"Do whatever you want. I don't care." Shinsa said, putting on a facade of indifference.

The door slowly creaked open, and the Archeologist walked inside with the small child trailing behind her. The bathroom was foggy, therefore Robin couldn't really see the Uchiha all too well. It was only until she got closer that her eyes widened at the sight before her.

The body in a more battered up condition than her own had shocked and even saddened the archeologist. After all, both Robin and Nami were women who preferred to keep their skin in top condition.

Robin quickly smiled an empty smile when she caught Shinsa giving her an irritable look. One of the few emotions she's ever seen from the women.