chapter 3

stop making the eyes at me and I'll stop making the eyes at you

what it is that surprises me 

is that I don't really want you to

***

'' I'm going to have to see your license, Baekhyun. ''

'' You are kidding, right. ''

'' Do I look like I'm kidding? ''

'' No, but I wanted to give you a chance to think things through and realise that you are being stupid. '' 

The gang member Crow and I were standing in front the Ace of spades and glaring at each other. The club was closed and silent during the day, but there were still a lot of motorcycles parked outside of it. I noticed only in daylight how huge the building really was and Baekhyun told me that they had some people living in the higher floors and also completely things going on in the underground. I tried asking him what was going on there, but he didn't want to answer. At first I thought that he was just being unnecessary secretive, so I made some silly guesses, but I quickly stopped talking when I saw the murderous glare that he directed in my direction.

He crossed his arms on his chest and narrowed his eyes. 

Just when I thought that he was beginning to warm up to me, we went back to the glaring.

'' I can't believe that you are actually doubting my bike riding abilities. ''

'' Wait, don't tell me that I actually offended you? Well, now I know where to strike the next time you'll make me angry, '' I jokingly replied, but my smile quickly got wiped off my face when I saw the angry expression on his face. '' Or... just never mention it again. It's not that I am doubting your motorcycle riding skills. What I am thinking about is that this could be a perfect chance for you to get rid of me. If I am sitting on the back of your motorcycle, my life is in your hands. ''

I couldn't be completely sure if Baekhyun really wasn't holding any grudges from the night when I stole his motorcycle.

'' That's the reason why we wasted the past half an hour? '' he almost yelled and shook his head in disbelief. It seemed like I managed to push him to his breaking point, because in the next moment, he put his hands on my hips, lifted me off the ground and personally put me on the back of his motorcycle. '' I actually didn't even think about it that way, but now you gave me way too many ideas. I guess you are just going to take your chances and hope for the best. No more yapping now. ''