chapter 15

the type of kisses where teeth collide

when she laughs, the heavens hum a stun gun lullaby

***

One last wild ride, snitch.

Are you ready?

Things at the Angels's racing track, were starting to get chaotic and the gang's leader Namjoon was clearly already regretted letting us in to his home. We were thankful for his hospitality, kindness and help, but for us Aces, it wasn't that easy to just let go of our often barbaric ways. I was having the time of my life sipping a much needed bottle of soju and watching things get more and more out of hand, all because of the deadly combination of Kang Seulgi and Park Chanyeol. Not to mention Felix, who got offended because the duo purposely left him out when they went to get Baekhyun and I out of trouble back at Kim Haejin's club.

'' Why are we hanging out in this dump? '' Seulgi asked with boredom and inspected her perfectly manicured nails. Felix got dragged away by a group of girls who instantly got charmed by his adorable face, while the rest of us occupied one of the tables in the half garage, half bar where the Angels resided. I was sipping my soju, Chanyeol was eyeing the motorcycles and the girl's goal seemed to be to start a fight.

'' You're welcome for letting you in to our home, '' Yoongi lowly murmured and crossed his arms on his chest. He was switching between glaring at Seulgi and Chanyeol. He seemed to be almost struggling to decide which one of the two bikers he disliked more.

Chanyeol frowned and glanced at the dark haired girl. '' You're right. This place sucks. ''

Yoongi slowly clenched his fingers in to fists. Veins appeared on his skin and he was starting to get angry.  '' You're lucky that I'm kind. ''

'' Everyone glares at us. And then when I start glaring back, I heard them calling me a bitch. How is that fair? '' Seulgi continued and pursed her lips. '' I say we have a little fun and ask someone for a game of poker, arm wrestling match or something else similar that we can beat them at and remind them who's the real boss. They should feel honoured to have us in their home. ''

It was clear that Seulgi and Chanyeol were purposely talking over Yoongi and completely ignoring what he was saying. His knuckles began to turn white because he was clenching his fists so tight and some people turned their heads towards our table. The leader of their gang ordered them to be kind to us, but no one would try to stop Yoongi if he would raise his fist and get in to a fight. '' I'm kind, but you are really starting to test my patience. I didn't drink enough soju to be prepared to listen to this type of bullshit. Screw the boss's orders. ''

Seulgi's dark eyes landed on Yoongi for the first time and her lips curved in to an evil smirk. She looked directly at him, but she still addressed Chanyeol, as if the other guy wasn't even there or worthy of her attention and now I knew that she really was being mean on purpose. Everything that happened was really starting to get to her and this was her way of letting off some steam. Playing with people, toying with their emotions. '' It's not like glaring at us is going to make them better at riding their motorcycles than we are. ''