chapter 13

and she's not aware yet, but she's yours

***

'' You're freaking out, aren't you? ''

'' A little bit. ''

'' A little bit? You are pretty much cutting off the blood circulation to my arm, Riri, '' the sound of Baekhyun's half mocking and half concerned voice, made me snap out of my thoughts and glance down towards his arm. I grabbed his wrist to make it easier for me to navigate through the crowded bar and I didn't even realise how tight I was holding it. I couldn't help it but to be on edge though. My heart was racing in my chest and every louder sound made me flinch. I couldn't shake off the feeling of being watched. Something in my head was telling me that it was only a matter of time before something would go wrong, before someone would come and get me, get us.

The only question was, who?

The drug lord Kim Haejin and his men?

Someone that the angry Kim Junmyeon would send after us?

Detective Jackson and some other cop?

Not only were Baekhyun and I back in Seoul. I was also carrying a backpack, in which I had a brick sized block that was half cocaine and half smuggled gold. I couldn't help it but to wonder what would happen if a cop would catch me with that. Would I even get prison time or would I be sent straight to execution?

'' Stop looking around like that. '' Baekhyun leaned closer to me and I heard his hushed voice murmur in my ear. His face seemed calm, but his dark eyes were careful. I knew that he was secretly carefully watching our surroundings too. '' You are being too obvious. You might as well write 'I am hiding something' on your forehead. And you are making me nervous too. Can't we go one day without panicking from the moment we wake up and to the second that we go to sleep? It's not like we don't already know how shitty our situation is. I don't need you reminding me about it every few seconds. ''

'' What are we even doing here? '' I hissed back at him and looked around the bar. The tables were all crowded with people that were grilling meat and drinking soju. Everyone seemed happy and they were almost screaming at each other because of the loud band that was performing in the corner of the dark space.

Baekhyun lead me to one of the more private booths and I was surprised to see Hwasa sitting there. Her long dark hair was tied in a messy bun, but she still managed to look pretty, even if we caught her in the middle of stuffing grilled meat in her mouth. She mumbled something incomprehensible before she downed it with some soju and said: '' You two were taking your sweet time getting here, so I took the liberty to order myself some dinner. ''