chapter 12

it's not like I'm falling in love,

I just want you to do me no good

and you look like you could

***

The sun was slowly beginning to rise above Seoul and roars of motorcycle engines were echoing through the streets. They were making people flinch and turn their heads and flocks of birds rise up from the ground and fly between the tall skyscrapers. They woke me up too and I was still yawning when I made my way in to the garage and saw Baekhyun and Chanyeol testing out the last one of the motorcycles. I watched them high five each other and nod. Baekhyun was looking as serious as ever, while the mechanic grinned and patted his shoulder. '' You're welcome! You are going to have a lot of fun riding your motorcycle after these last minute modifications. It goes a lot faster, just like you asked, but you understand that it's not completely safe, right? ''

'' I can handle the speed, Chanyeol, '' the biker coldly mumbled and spun a wrench in his hand before tossing it towards one of the tables that were full of tools. He ran through his dark brown hair with his hand and wiped his sweaty forehead before he glanced over his shoulder and noticed me standing at the doorway. I was expecting any type of reaction, but his expression stayed blank. '' Can you, Riri? ''

I crossed my arms on my chest, snorted in amusement and rolled my eyes. '' I can handle you, can't I? A motorcycle is nothing in comparison. ''

Baekhyun frowned at the sound of my answer, while Chanyeol quietly chuckled and wiped his hands in his pants. I looked around the half empty garage and saw nothing but motorcycles. '' Where's everyone? If I would've known that I could oversleep, then I would cover my head with a pillow and spend a couple more hours in bed. ''

Chanyeol decided to go look for the others and I stepped closer to Baekhyun's motorcycle. I couldn't help it but to notice that he seemed a lot more grim than I was used to. He was polishing his black motorcycle, his eyebrows were furrowed together and he was lost deep in his thoughts. I wanted to ask him what got him so bothered, but in the end he spoke up on his own: '' I never sleep before drug runs. ''

I looked at my reflection in his perfectly clean motorcycle and grinned. '' Then I will have no choice but to be as annoying as I can, to make sure that you won't fall asleep behind the wheel. ''

'' I don't do relationships either, Rei. ''

I was waiting for him to mention what happened last night. Or at least what almost happened. I never saw him after Seulgi and I returned to the club and I was worried that things between us would get awkward. I didn't want to ruin what we had, but I certainly wasn't expecting it to turn out this way. '' What's that supposed to mean? ''