epilogue

be cruel to me, cause I'm a fool for you

***

- FIVE MONTHS LATER -

Byun Baekhyun, do you still think of me sometimes?

I haven't forgotten you yet, even if Seulgi is trying her best to make that happen. She doesn't hate you, not like I do when I drink too much strong Chinese liquor and you're all that I can think about. She just hates seeing the people around her sad because of things that they can't really change or control. She says that there is nothing that I can do about it. You will come back if you'll want.

Waiting and hoping was starting to become really painful.

'' This is what I get for going through with your horrible plan! '' Seulgi loudly yelled and sped past me. The wheels of her motorcycle were spinning and mud was spraying everywhere. Her pants were already completely covered with it and a few specks managed to get on her cheeks and freshly coloured blonde hair too. The rainy season made the streets of the shanty town even filthier than usually, but I was glad that at least the water levels were low enough to ride our bikes. Seulgi didn't mind it, but I wasn't as skilful as her and the overflowed river caused me quite a bit of trouble. The water kept knocking me off my bike and making it easier for my enemies to catch me and one time the strong current even almost managed to drag my bike away from me.

Seulgi glanced over her shoulder and continued screaming at me: '' Did you really think that you were going to beat that sumo wrestler in a noodles eating contest?! ''

The two of us were racing down the streets of the shanty town and there were six motorcycles  that were trying to catch up with us. The Chinese gang members were holding swords in their hands and they kept swinging their blades dangerously close to us. It was three months since we arrived in this town and I had yet to get used to the antics of the local criminals. I still found myself loving China as much as Yixing said I would, when he convinced our gang to make it our next destination. The lazy river, the poorly built piers above the water, the forest of tall green trees, the huts with delicious street food, the kind and hardworking people... They all managed to make the life of a fugitive a little more bearable.

I shrieked when one of the gang members almost sliced my head off with his sword, then I kicked his motorcycle with my foot and made him fall over in to the mud. One down, five more to go. '' No! I thought that I would be able to keep eating until you managed to steal the other guy's motorcycle keys! You're the one that got caught, so don't try to blame it on me! My plan was perfect! It's not my fault that your pickpocketing skills suck! ''

Seulgi frowned with annoyance under her helmet before she eyed the two gangsters that were about to catch up with her. We were in a little bit of trouble, but I still couldn't help it but to smirk when I heard her whine: '' I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss guns! Why is everyone carrying swords around here?! ''