Chapter Two

Liam's P.O.V

I lay in bed thinking of my conversation with Harry and Niall. "Yeah it's kind of worrying me, I feel like the hate is getting to him."

"Of course not, I don't care. I'm a carefree mofo, You know that Li."

"Yeah yeah, carefree mofo. I know but I'm worried." 

That is all that went through my mind. Niall was my best mate, I should know everything about him. I doI think. After Niall made me leave his bedroom, I headed straight to my room, worried, about Niall. I don't remember a day that I haven't worried bout him. I sighed loudly and grabbed my pillow and screamed. Letting all the stress out and man, did it feel good.

"Hey, hey, hey, what's with all the screaming? Who died?" Harry asked looking just slightly tipsy. I sat up and pat the empty seat next to me. "Not in the mood, Harry. Just come here and take a seat... We need to talk about Niall."

Harry went from being funny to serious in a matter of seconds and locked the door. He took the seat next to me and asked, "What's wrong lee-yum?" He was obviously trying to lighten up the mood, but it was seriously not working. "Remember when you said 'I think the hates getting to him'?'" I asked scratching the back of my neck. "Yeah, why?" Harry asked with concern in his voice. "I think you're right..." I muttered letting a tear slide down my cheek. I quickly wiped it putting on a serious face, trying to hide the sorrow I'm feeling for Nialler.

Harry was in shock. His perfectly tanned skin went pale instantly. "Why would you say that?" Harry's words escaped his mouth. He sounded terrified as if he saw something he shouldn't have.

"Well, I went up to his room and knocked, since his door was locked, he told me to hold on and proceeded to open the door. The lights were off and I barely saw his face. When I turned on the lights, I saw an image I never wanted to see. His eyes were bloodshot and puffy, his face had dried tear stains and his hair was a mess. He looked like he hasn't slept in such a long time... he looked horrible.." I took a deep breath and started to speak again. "I asked him if he was crying and he stood there for a moment. He quickly answered with 'I was watching the Titanic.' an obvious lie since the television was off. I think he noticed I knew it was a lie and just sat there thinking. So I looked around and saw his phone. His phone screen was cracked and guess what I saw when I turned it on?" I asked, my voice cracking at the end.

Harry swallowed hard, "What?"

"Hate," I whispered. "Hate. Harry, hate." I couldn't take it anymore and let the tears I was holding back roll down my cheeks. 

Harry let out a tear and wiped it away rapidly. "I feel sick..." Harry managed to mumble as he took deep breaths. He still hadn't moved from the position he was in. "Don't cry... don't cry. It-it'll make us seem weak. We need to stay strong for him. Fo-for Niall." I managed to say between sobs.

"Alright. But we need to do something...Before things get out of hand, Liam." Harry said clearing his throat. 

"Yeah, before he starts... you know." I said removing some of my bracelets. Scars. Scars that were created by me. No one else in the group knows about it, except Harry. 

"Liam, please don't even think about that," Harry said sliding back on my bracelets. 

There was a knock on the door that startled us both. We both quickly wiped away the dried tears. "Come in." I attempted to speak in a calm tone."I can't...the door is kind of locked." Niall chuckled. Harry got up and unlocked it, ran back to the bed, and got back to his position. 

"Hey, guys," Niall said walking in. He had a huge smile on his face. But when I looked into his eyes, there was evident sorrow.

"Hey Nialler, how have you been?" Harry asked forcing a small smile. 

" Never been better," Niall answered taking a seat in between Harry and me.

How can he be so happy? How can he force a smile that looked so real? He's smiling on the outside, but deep inside he's crying his little heart out. I felt horrible for him. I can't believe I hadn't noticed it sooner.