Chapter 1 - Introductions

A/N: the BOLD text is for their mindlink. . .

♡♡♡

Xavier's POV (Present)

Waking up this morning, I can't help but feel a little excited. My wolf, Crimson, is all jittery. I have no clue why, but I feel some sort of foreboding, like something life changing is going to happen today, and hell if I'm not nervous about it. This morning, after I wake, I begrudgingly get up out of the comfort of my warm bed and dressed, checking myself in the mirror.

Eh, good enough I guess.

I dressed myself in a red, plaid shirt with a black tank top underneath, dark jeans, and a pair of red sneakers. It goes well with my copper-colored, nearly-red, hair and green eyes, I suppose.

Afterwards, I brush my teeth and leave to go downstairs in to the kitchen.

Today is the first day of school. Oh joy! Sarcasm 100 percent intended. You see, I live with my best friends Cole and Ashton. We just moved from a small town in West Virginia. Our pack was overrun by a shit ton of rogues, so it's safe to say we left that shit hole and moved to a new one. Another really small town. Great. It's not like anything was keeping us there. Even in our old pack, we felt like outsiders. They never really cared about us. So we left. Which brings us here: Saint Hill, Pennsylvania.

When I make it downstairs, Ashton is there to greet me. He's wearing his normal go-to outfit. Black everything. Black shirt, black pants, black leather jacket, and black combat boots. His ensemble matches his charcoal black hair, and it makes his blue eyes pop.

This kid will never change.

You see, Ashton is the 'bad boy' in our little entourage. Though, he only uses it as a cover to hide his true feelings. Cole and I are the only ones who can get him to open up. He's had a hard past, but he likes to pretend he's okay. We know better, though. And we can see right through his tough-guy-act. He comes from a family with a lot of money, so he's pretty loaded. After his parents died, he was left with everything they had. He inherited all of their money, properties, and businesses.

Cole, Ashton, and I have been bestfriends since we were kids. I'm the oldest at eighteen. Next is Ashton; he's eighteen, too. And last, but certainly not least, is the fetus, Cole Sanders. He's seventeen. Just a babe.

Ashton has a piece of toast sticking out of his mouth, yet he still attempts conversation.

"Say, fan! Teddy door the thirst they of fool?" he tries to greet me, sounding more like an idiot than usual.

"Dude, how many times do I have to tell you to finish chewing before you speak?" I question out of annoyance.

Ashton finishes swallowing his food and replies, "Sorry, dude, I forgot. I said, 'Hey, man! Ready for the first day of school?'"

"I really don't want to have to go to this lame ass school with only so many kids. They'll all probably flock around us considering we're the new kids. They probably don't get many of those considering this is a small, boring-as-fuck town," I answer.

"True. Not to mention Cole's inflated ego and loud ass mouth," he replies.

It's at that very moment Cole decides to enter the room wearing nothing but his polka dot boxers. His hair is disheveled and he looks like he just rolled out of bed.

"That is so not true! My mouth is just fine, and my ego isn't that big. It's probably about the same size as my dick. Wait, that's a bad analogy. My dick is huge." Cole's glare is hilarious considering he just woke up and looks like he got hit by a bus. Ashton and I start laughing our asses off.