Chapter 29 - Memories or Nightmares?

Avelyn's POV

"I wanna go back to school," I announce suddenly, making the boys turn to me, stunned expressions adorning their faces. Just a few minutes ago, we'd all been sat in livingroom, watching some random TV show. But I'd had a thought. It's been two months since the incident -- two months since I'd last been to school. And I figured it was time. I'm not scared anymore, and we've gotten rid of the problem... problems.

Though, I don't allow myself to truly think or dwell on my past; it's honestly too much for me to handle without crying.

"Why would you wanna go back there?" Cole asks, skeptical.

"I just," I sigh, trying to take a second to find the lost words within me. "It's just that I don't want to throw away my future, y'know? I've always wanted to be a nurse, and I figured I would be able to do more than any doctor ever could. Because the sad truth is, in all honesty, some of the patients need more than just medicine. They need me. They need my blood; it has more healing properties than any prescription or remedy known to man, and it could actually be able to save someone's life. That's all I've ever wanted to do -- give someone their fair chance at happiness. And that's how I choose to do it."

"Wow, that's-" Coco's cut off by Ash.

"Amazing," he finishes for him, and Coco sends him a small glare. I giggle at them, and Xavier takes my hands, sitting right next to me and looking me directly in the eyes to convey his concern more thoroughly.

"Are you sure you're ready to go back?" He switches between both of my eyes, looking for any sign of doubt. But I smile, squeezing his large hands reassuringly.

"Positive," I answer, and he smiles widely at me.

"Well, if that's what the princess wants. That's what she shall get." I giggle and lean forward to peck him on the cheek.

"Thank you," I speak, and I see his cheeks tint a little red.

"So, when will I be able to go back?" I ask.

Xavier sighs. "Whenever you want to, I guess. But I recommend to wait until after your birthday."

My brows furrow, and my nose scrunches. "Why?" Xavier licks his lips, looking suddenly nervous. Ash is quick to help him, though.

"We want to spend as much time with you as possible, right now. And besides, once we mate, everything will change," the latter informs.

"How so? It doesn't have to change anything if we don't let it." He sighs, shoulders slumping while he gets up from his spot on the couch and walks over to me.

"Just trust me, Avelyn. Trust us," he says, kneeling before me. I nod, unable to tell him no when his crystal blue eyes are piercing straight into mine.

"Good," he proclaims. "Now, it's ten o'clock, and I'd say it's time to get some shut eye. You've had a long day."

I nod once again, silently thinking back onto all of the revelations today had to offer. I kissed Ashton. Okay, we might've done a little more than just kissing. I found out I have a mate... mates. And, even more dumbfounding, I have a sibling. I don't know if it's a boy or a girl, but it doesn't really matter. And it doesn't make the news any more or less shocking.

I sigh, standing up and following behind the boys. They lead me into our bedroom with our massive bed. I curl up in the middle, and Ash and Coco both take residency right at my sides; Xavier at my feet, cuddling up against me and leaning his head down on my legs.

I fall asleep thinking about today, still unsure of what to do next. And I wonder why I have to wait until after my birthday to go back to school.

It's dark, and I'm curled up on the floor, clutching my legs to my chest, my heart beating rapidly. Mother and Father left me here like this... again.