Chapter 13 - My Newfound Confidence

Avelyn's POV

Two periods later, and we're walking to fourth period. Xavier just left, and Ash, Coco, and I are headed to English. Cole carries my bag while Ashton holds my hand.

We take the same seats as yesterday, as we have in every class so far today - Ashton on my right and Cole behind me. The bell rings, and the teacher enters the classroom. The teacher, Mrs. Baldwin, says a "good aftertoon", and the class begins. We're learning about poems and sonnets. She gives us an assignment to do. Once the bell rings, she makes an announcement before people exit the classroom.

"Alright class, since we're learning poetry, I've decided each of you will write your own poem. And I want you guys to really try and poor your hearts out into your writing. I'll be able to tell if it's plagiarized, and if you haven't tried hard enough on them. We will be presenting our poems in front of the class on Friday. Good luck."

With that, Ashton grabs my bag, and Cole grabs my hand. We take our leave and arrive at Xavier's classroom no more than three minutes later. We exchange in a few greetings - Xavier grabing my other hand, and we make our way to the cafeteria for lunch. We pay for our food. Well, Ashton pays for our food. Now, we are currently trying to find a table.

"So, what table are we gonna sit at guys?" I question. Cole gives my hand a light squeeze and answers.

"How about over there?" He points to a table across the cafeteria, and we walk over there and sit down, getting a few glances along the way.

"So, what do you think you're going to make your poem about?" I direct my gaze toward Ash and Coco.

"I don't know. What about you?" Ash asks me.

"I have no clue either," I say. "But I am excited. I like to write; I think it's fun. Plus, I can't wait to hear yours."

"Wait, are you guys talking about the poem thing for Mrs. Baldwin's class? I have her second period." Xavier asks.

"Yup," Cole answers. We go on talking about our day, and Ashton brings up the shopping trip that's apparently scheduled for after school.

"So, when we leave school today, we're gonna bring you to the mall to get you some new clothes and girl stuff," he says, looking slightly embarrassed at the girl stuff  comment.

"Alright," I sigh. I know there's no point in arguing, so I leave it be.

"But we have to be careful, I don't want to run into anyone that might recognize you. We don't need them telling your parents where you're at," Xavier adds in.

"Sir yes, sir." I give a mock-salute. They chuckle. A little while later, the bell rings, and we make our to gym. I suddenly get very excited at the thought of officially meeting my new friend. But my face falls at the thought of seeing Mr. Brown again. There's definitely something fishy about him, aside from the fact that he's a vampire.

Once we reach the gym, I spot Mr. Brown talking to a few of the girls in this class. I can see the girls openly flirting with him, and he is definitely allowing it. In fact, he's flirting too. It's pretty disgusting if you ask me. How can someone who is supposed to be a respected teacher openly flirt with his students - me included?

'What a pig.'

Luckily, I'm broken out of my repulsed thought by the shrill ringing of the bell. Mr. Brown is interrupted from his propositions aswell. Which causes him to finally address the class.

"Go get dressed," is all he said. Then he whispered something incoherent to the girls. Who, in turn, giggled.

'Alrighty then.'