₄ . real life

I turned around and ran towards the source of the sound. I maneuvered through the crowd of people, until I spotted Finn, standing ten feet away from me.

The skinny boy stood out to me in the mess of people. He almost seemed as if he were glowing. His eyes met mine and he looked me up and down. The slim and tall boy was wearing a pair of checkered shoes, black jeans, a white t-shirt with some words on it, and a blue backpack. His curly dark purple hair stood out against his pale chiseled face. God, he was way more attractive in person. Nobody was with him, which was a relief to me considering I would probably have to explain a lot to him. A relieved smile grew on his face, reminiscing mike wheeler at the end of episode 8 season 2 of stranger things.

"Finn I can't believe you came," I said, mostly to myself, as we stepped towards each other. A smile grew on my face and we both outstretched our arms to meet each other in a hug. His arms wrapped around my upper body, mine squeezing him around the waist. My heavy head rested in the crook of his neck as I tried to convince myself that he was real. "You gonna hug me forever?" he asked after an almost awkwardly long amount of time. I pulled myself off of him. "Sorry... I- uhh."

Finn was watching my face, smiling slightly. I stared down at the floor, not knowing what to say. "Wow, I just can't believe you're really here Stella," he said.

"Neither can I," I said, wiping a happy tear from my eye.

"So what happened?" asked Finn, breaking the awkward silence. "I kind of ran away from my hospital room. I came here hoping you would be in New York."

"So you've been in the hospital all these months?" asked Finn.

"No, but I spent the whole time trying to get here, and I can't believe I actually made it."

"I thought you live in Midtown. That's a really shitty excuse for ghosting me." He seemed slightly annoyed but more upset that he thought I had purposely ignored him.

"Ghosting you? Finn I would have talked to you if I could but I really couldn't. I came 34 million miles to get here."

"What, do you live on mars?"

"Yeah, I actually did," I say. I lowered the volume of my voice to tell him the next part, "My mom was an astronaut and she gave birth to me on mars. And I had to get a major surgery to even sustain earth's gravity and live in a spaceship for 4 months just to get here, and you're the only person on this planet I know." The words came out of me really quick. Finn looked disappointed by my excuse, clearly not believing me.

"Well, it sucks that you're being weird and making stuff up, especially since you're the only person on this planet I don't hate."

"The only person you don't hate?"

"Well everybody else treats me weird for being famous and I wish I was normal. So yes, you're the only person I don't hate. And now you're thinking I would believe that you live on mars."

Of course, he didn't believe me, who would? "I'm sorry, Finn. I promise I'm telling you the truth and I won't lie to you again."

He swallowed and sighed, clearly still not believing me but also not wanting to fight with me. I could tell he clearly wanted to actually be with me since he even came here to meet me in the first place. He pulled out his phone. He opened messages and showed me the text I sent him earlier.

"How did you text me?"

"I used some random woman's phone. She helped me figure out how to get here on the Subway."

"You took the subway here from the hospital?"

"Well, I took the back of a truck to Brooklyn and asked a woman for directions to get to Times Square so she told me to take the Q train."

"You should tell me the whole story later."

"I will."

"I'm sorry," he said, rubbing his face. "I shouldn't have gotten mad. It's really nice to see you."

"You too. You're skinnier than I thought you would be." I noticed that the boy was almost as lanky as I am. I've been underweight compared to kids on earth since I was born, and have remained pretty skinny because of the food up on east Texas.

"You too. And you're way taller than I thought you would be, too," he noted. I was 5'8, and Finn was about 4 inches taller than me.

"So where are you gonna stay, now that you ran away."

I sighed. "I have no clue, I went straight to find you after I left. I could find my dad, I have an address for him in California but it's sixteen years old and he might not even live there anymore."

"So you went to me first before your own dad?" he asked, teasingly.

"Hey, I've never spoken to the man and he's all the way in California," I defended. "Plus, I missed you."

"I missed you too. I had to start playing Fortnite on a different squad."

"Must have been the end of the world," I added, sarcastically.

"It was. I had to start playing with my brother," he responded, semi-jokingly.

"Must suck having siblings," I said. Finn just responded by smiling a little, accepting my joke.

"So, uhh. Wanna get out of here? Maybe go somewhere else in the city."

"Yeah," I said. "Also, look over there." I pointed to the screen with Finn's face on it.

"HAH!," he yelled. "That's me." He got out his phone and took a photo of it. I noticed a few people were looking at us now.

"Hey Finn, we should go," I said, since I was kind of uncomfortable.

"Yeah, let's go," he said. I followed him out of the crowd, and across the street, leaving times square to a less busy sidewalk. As we walked, I didn't know what to do with myself. I kept looking at Finn. I could barely comprehend that he was real. My only friend that I had lived millions of miles from my entire life was actually with me.

"Where are we going?," I asked.

"Wherever you want to go," he responded.