₈ . morning

I woke up to a loud beeping noise. My eyes opened and I found that I was curled up into Finn's side, my head resting on his chest.  I quickly removed myself from him as he woke up and lazily reached over to his nightstand to turn off his phone's alarm. Finn flopped back down on the bed. I guess he isn't really a morning person. I slipped out of bed checked the time on his phone. It was 8:00 am. I went to the bathroom to get changed. When I came back out, he was still in bed with his eyes shut. I went back to the bed and sat down on the mattress next to him. "Wake up Finn," I said, shaking him awake.

"No," he mumbled, twisting around so that his face was shoved into his pillow.

"Finn, come on I'm hungry," I said, shaking him more.

"But I don't want to get up," he said. I pulled the covers off him. He sat up, rubbing his eyes and adjusted his curls. "Fine, I'm up."

His bedhead looked really goofy, and kind of cute. He stood up and walked past me so he could stand in the middle of the hotel room and stretch. I walked away into the bathroom so I could brush my teeth. 

When I came back out of the bathroom, he was under the covers again. I decided that it would be funny to mess with him since he was being so lazy. I decided to do what Kendra would do to me when I wouldn't get out of bed back up on Mars. I took a bottle of water out of the mini-fridge in the corner of the room. 

I unscrewed the lid and climbed onto the bed and pulled away the top of the comforter. I poured the water onto his head. 

"Dude, WHAT THE FUCK!" he yelled, jumping out of bed. I couldn't stop laughing at him, so he grabbed the water bottle from my hand. "I'm gonna get you Stella!," he yelled, playfully. He tried to get me back by diving at me and splashing the water at me, but I rolled off the mattress in time. We both couldn't stop giggling. 

I stood back up and started to go towards the fridge to grab another bottle. "It isn't over yet, Wolfhard," I teased. Finn stopped me by grabbing me around the waist and flinging me down onto the bed. To make things worse, he shook his head back and forth like a dog, splashing me.

"There, I got you back," he said. I took a moment to catch my breath and respond.

"Okay, it's a tie," I said, standing up.

"Thanks for waking me up," he said, pushing his curls out of his eyes, laughing a little.

"You're welcome," I joked.

"Okay, so what are we doing today. I have a photoshoot in an hour that I guess I have to go to, but we also need to figure out how to get you to California since I can't really tell my parents about you," he explained.

"I have no clue," I said. "But if your parents tell anybody I'm going to be in huge trouble with the government, and so will you," I said, seriously. Finn got a fresh outfit out of his suitcase while I told him this.

"Okay," he said. His eyebrows scrunched together. "You know what, I'll think about this while I shower." He went into the bathroom and left me alone in the room.

I decided to put all my stuff in my new backpack, which was really only the clothes I wore from NASA and a pair of sunglasses. I put on the necklace Finn bought me and tied my hair back into a high ponytail with the elastic I had on my wrist. I actually looked really normal for an earth girl my age. I put on my new shoes, which made my legs feel really heavy. My whole body felt heavy thanks to gravity, but I had decided that I needed to ignore that since there was no helping it unless I went back into space, which wasn't going to happen.

I walked over to the window and looked out the blinds. There were dozens of people and cars going by down below, and it was interesting for me to watch them. After a few minutes, a group of police cars pulled up in front of the hotel, and some serious-looking men in black uniforms came out. They were followed by none other than the last people I wanted to see. Nathaniel and Kendra.