₁₇ . bleach

My eyes blinked open, and I suddenly became aware of my surroundings. I was curled up into Finn's arms under our sleeping bag, surrounded by the soft light of the morning sun. The crisp morning air smooth against my skin.

"You awake?" a soft voice whispered into my ear.

"I am now," I said back. Finn gently kissed my shoulder, and it all came back to me. Everything that happened last night. It wasn't a dream. 

I turned over so that I was facing Finn. His messy curls covered his eyes, that were still shut.

"Are you awake?" I asked back.

"Kinda," he laughed, evidently still half asleep.

"Well, the sun's up so we should probably get up," I whispered.

"Five more minutes?" he groaned, staring at me with his eyes half shut.

"Finn."

"Please?" He said, softly stroking his thumb over my cheekbone. How could I say no to that?

"Okay, five minutes," I said, my head falling back onto his chest. 

-

"It's been way longer than five minutes," I said into Finn's ear, poking his cheek. I was straddled over his torso, trying to annoy him awake. "Get up and put some clothes on."

"Fineeeeee," he whined. I was already dressed, and I got up to use the bathroom in the bushes behind where we had parked. Which by the way, tmi warning, kinda hurt as an effect of last night's activities. I got off of him and passed him his boxers. He put on his boxers and shorts on while I got his shoes for him. 

"I can't wear this," he said, picking up his shirt. It was covered in my blood and other dried bodily fluids.

I laughed, watching him make a disgusted face at the item, holding it very carefully an arm's length away from him.

"Just, wear your other shirt. We can get you another plain white t-shirt."

"We can't wear the same clothes they saw us wearing on the security cameras."

"Then," I thought, "you can wear the NASA t-shirt in my backpack until we get you a new one."

"Okay," he said.

I fetched the t-shirt from my backpack and tossed it to him. We rolled up the sleeping bag, put our stuff back into the car, and destroyed all traces of our campsite. Finn told me we had to make sure we left no evidence that we had been there. 

"So where are we going after breakfast?" I asked as I turned onto the freeway. We were headed into a town to buy "supplies", whatever Finn meant by that.

"Well, we need to change our appearances more than just clothes if we're driving all the way to California. I was gonna dye my hair black, so I blend in more. It's a dead giveaway if the guy in the FBI manhunt on national tv has purple curly hair and I just walk around like it's nothing," he told me. "And for you, we should also change your hair."

"I'm not cutting it," I tell him. I've had a pixie cut before, and after that, I swore to myself that I would keep it long because it did NOT look good on me.

"Would you dye it blonde?"

I think for a second. "I guess, yeah. I've always wondered what I'd look like as a blonde."

"You'll look great," he tells me, I give him a smile before he reminds me to keep my eyes on the road.

Finn navigated while I drove until we reached another diner for breakfast. This time, they didn't have any tv's, so we had no idea about the status of our investigation. Luckily nobody said a word or recognized us, which was a relief to us both. Our outfits probably did the trick.