₇ . friends

It was dark out and we were waiting for another uber to go to his hotel. Finn had taken me to a shoe store where I chose a pair of white converse. We stood on the deserted sidewalk, doing dumb Fortnite dances and making fun of each other. I guess our weird shared sense of humour online had carried onto real life. We both looked like total idiots, but there weren't many people around to see us. I stopped and stood still to regain my balance.

"Finn," I said, trying to catch his attention.

"Yeah?" he said after he stopped dancing.

"Thank you for buying me all this stuff."

"Yeah no problem, it's no big deal."

I smiled at him and he nodded awkwardly, not knowing what else to say.

"So, What's your favourite thing about earth?," I asked.

"I don't know. Probably the movies here. Maybe the music." He took a few seconds to stare up at the sky and think about his answer. "Probably just my friends. Hanging out with my friends, performing on stage with them, being on set with them, playing videogames with them. All that stuff just makes me feel really normal, you know."

"Sure. Even though you're my only friend, that's my favourite part of earth so far."

"So far, whatever that means," he said.

"Do you not believe me?"

I could tell Finn didn't know how to respond. He didn't want to be mean to me. "I don't know what to say, Stell." I loved when he called me that nickname, he's never called me that in real life before. "I kind of just don't know how to not believe the story you'd been telling me for years. I mean It's just kind of hard to believe that you were born on a different planet, where only a few people live. I don't even know how it's possible for you to be here right now if that's the case. Everything just kind of feels a little off to me," he said.

I swallowed, disappointed that he didn't believe me. I did understand why he wouldn't believe me, I just felt weird hearing it out loud. "Am I weird?," I asked.

"Of course you are Stella, that's why we're friends," he responded.

I laughed to myself a little and looked at the ground. "I mean weird in a bad way."

He stepped closer to me. "There's nothing bad about you, I mean sure you don't know how to use chopsticks, and you don't know what uber is but that doesn't really matter since your personality is so real."

"Thank you, Finn." I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a hug. Finn hesitated for a second then hugged me back. We pulled away after a few seconds.

"What are we going to do now?," I asked.

"God I have no clue. I'm going to give my parents an excuse for where I was all day, but I have no clue what to do about you. I'm supposed to be doing a couple more interviews and things for the press tour, but I don't really want to. So I guess I'm gonna help you find your dad, but I still have a job that I have to worry about."

I couldn't stop smiling. He was actually going to help me find my dad. I had told him earlier that I knew my dad's address. He had agreed he would take me, but didn't know how he could do it without having to tell his parents, who he knew would probably call social services about me.

"I'm sorry that I'm messing up your life all the sudden," I said.

"No no, Stella it's fine. I don't want you trying to do this by yourself and I care about you a lot. I'll get you through this."

"Thank you," I smiled.

"Plus, it'll be fun spending more time getting to know you," he said, as he smirked at me a little.