Day 1 • Cuddles

If you couldn't tell, Janis has an obsession with cuddles.

Any time Cady is vulnerable, she will push her onto any soft surface and hug the living hell out of her.

The fact that it's December does not lighten the case.

• • •

"Cady?" Janis whispers quietly. Cady is still sleeping in their bed, but not for long.

"Caddie?" she whispers again, tapping her arm.

"Darling?"

Cady lets out a moan, rolling over away from Janis and facing the wall.

Janis can't help but smile at what Cady responded to.

"Come on, babe. It's December first. 25 days until Christmas." Janis speaks softly.

That gets Cady going.

Cady nearly springs out of bed but Janis grabs her by the waist and pulls her on top of her.

"Janis!" Cady squeals as Janis kisses her neck, laughing loudly.

Cady tries to wrestle out of her grasp but Janis holds her tightly, turning Cady around so she's laying on her stomach.

She pecks Cady on the lips, grabbing her hand and kissing her knuckles.

"I love you so much." Janis says, her voice muffled by Cady's hair. She pulls Cady to her side, spooning her.

"I love you too, Jan." Cady says, smiling as she burrows farther into Janis.

• • •

Cady lays peacefully on their couch, flipping a page on her book when she hears it.

"Cady!" followed by a loud thump.

She fears for the worst as she slams her book down and charges upstairs.

"Janis?" she calls out. Nothing.

"Jan?"

She cautiously walks into the bedroom where she thinks she heard the source of the noise.

"Jan? Are you okay— Ahhhh!" Cady screams as she's pushed onto the bed.

She's about to reach for the pepper spray in her pocket when she hears laughing and then sees Janis.

"What the hell?!" Cady yells as Janis pulls her into a hug.

"I wanted cuddles!" Janis says planting kisses all over Cady's face.

"You could've asked like a normal person!" Cady yells.

"But we both know I am not one of those."

"That's— okay, can't argue with that logic."

• • •

"Caddie?"

"Yes, babe?"

"Will you snuggle me?"

"Did you just ask?" Cady says in shock, sitting up in bed.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Oh, um, you usually just, kinda, sorta, tackle me at anytime possible."

"That is correct but, I asked this time and that's all that matters."

"Who are you and what have you done with my girlfriend?" Cady jokes laying back down. Janis latches onto her immediately burrowing her head under her chin. Cady wraps her arms around her, their legs tangling together.

"I've done nothing with her. She would never leave you."

Cady can't help but smile.

Maybe she could get used to surprise cuddles.

• • •

She lied. She definitely lied. Cady cannot handle this.

At the moment, Janis is literally sleeping on top of her, her head resting on her chest and Janis's hand in Cady's.

You might be thinking 'aw that's so cute I'm jealous'.

Cady. Can't. Breathe.

Not wanting to wake up Janis, she gently moves her off her stomach and to her side, quietly slipping off the couch.

She gently lifts her hand, kissing her knuckles lightly.

"Goodnight, Jay." she whispers, pressing another kiss to her forehead, pulling a blanket over her.

Damn.

Cady got lucky.