Day 8 • Christmas Crafts

this was complete and utter garbage but I had no time to get it done but enjoyyyy (I guess lol)

• • •

Cady was weirdly amazing at crafts, considering she lived in Kenya until she was 16 and wasn't surrounded by many artists and couldn't find a pair of scissors to save her life, but Janis on the other hand, couldn't use a pair of scissors to save her life, despite her being an artist for at least 12 years, so when Janis asked Cady to make Christmas crafts with her, you can imagine how that turned out.

Long story short, Janis had to cut her hair just a little bit.

"This snowflake is fucking nightmare fuel." Janis snorts, turning to Cady who has somehow managed to cut an exquisitely shaped stereotypical snowflake, it painted a periwinkle blue covered with glitter but not too much.

Cady's eyes are shining and Janis tries not to laugh at her wearing the tacky reindeer antlers, which aren't really normal ones since there's springs and a Santa sleigh on it, along with reindeer riding across to the other side which has snowflakes on it. She's also wearing a red nose, along with a white dress which was probably a mistake.

"Caddie, help." Janis whines, throwing her snowflake aside. Cady presses a kiss to Janis's cheek, giggling.

"I'll help you for a little and then you're on your own...for now." Cady teases, booping her nose with her finger which was covered in glitter.

"Caddie!"

"Onto ornaments!"

Half an hour later, Cady is using a hot glue gun to make designs on a plastic sphere which you could take apart and put things in, probably intended as some sort of advent calendar if you wanted to make it that. She paints gently over the hot glue, carefully peeling it off and covering the now-clear areas in glitter. She turns to Janis who's covering hers in snowflake that she painted on with a fine-tip brush, carefully applying the fined glitter.

Janis has the focus of a lion trying to pounce on its prey, her eyes squinting and then widening, a habit she developed over the years which only happens when she's 110% focused. She still has the glitter on her nose which Cady smiles at, then turns back to her ornament.

"What now?" Cady asks, the dining room table now filled to the brim with paint, glitter and decorations. They don't regret it, though.

Cady hears Janis gasp and she looks over, seeing her frantically pull at her hair.

"Janis, what's wrong— oh no." Cady sees the now-dried Elmer's Glue in Janis's hair, luckily only on the tips of her hair, but still definitely in her hair.

"Cady, how the fuck did this happen? Do we even have PVA glue?" Janis shrieks, eyeing the table aggressively.

"Don't worry, babe. We can just cut it. It's only the tips, right?" Cady says, running to the stairs. Janis nods, hearing Cady run up the stairs, walk into a room, a little bit of clattering, and then run back down.

"Sit down." Cady orders, holding a pair of scissors.

Much to Janis's (and Cady's) surprise, Janis's hair looks fine, and Christmas crafts didn't go bad.

The day was successful, and that's all that matters.