Day 2 • First Day of Snow

"Caddie. Caddie. Caddie."

Cady stirs in her sleep, rolling over to face her girlfriend attempting to wake her up.

"It's eight in the fucking morning, what do you want?" Cady groans, hitting her with a pillow.

"It's snowing!" Janis squeals excitedly.

"What?" Cady says in genuine confusion.

"Snow!"

Cady raises her eyebrows and then opens her mouth in realization. "Right, that, but it's cold and annoying." she argues, so used to the heat in Kenya.

"But. It's. Snow. Ing! Get your snow gear on!" Janis whines, running into their closet and pulling out the waterproof overalls and throwing them at Cady.

Cady groans, getting out of bed, physically dragging herself out and to the window.

Determined to show Janis her vine education, she quotes one of Janis's favorites.

"The fuck?"

"Cady Marie Heron, you may not say the fuck-word—"

"The fuck! The fuck is in the air? The fuck? There's white shit everywhere. The fuck!"

"Okay, that's your only Get-Out-Of-Jail Free Card. Only because you quoted a vine, though." Janis huffs, wearing black snow overalls along with a... bright pink jacket?

"It was my moms, shut the fuck up." Janis snaps. Cady had not even spoken yet.

"...seems legit."

"Get your ass in your pink overalls." Janis snorts, putting on a gray beanie.

"This is abuse."

Newfound discovery, Cady likes snow.

Janis now couldn't hate it more.

Cady treads through the fluffy powder, looking up at the sky full of snowflakes gracefully falling down onto the ground.

Janis grumbles as she walks after Cady, already having snow in her boots and her gloves. Her nose and cheeks are beginning to turn a light shade of red, her pale skin already much paler from the snow.

"Caddie, it's fucking cold." Janis whines, her arms crossed over her chest in an attempt to make more warmth.

"Oh, how tragic." Cady jokes, stuffing a pile of snow in her mouth.

"I wanna go inside."

"Why don't you go, then?"

"Come with me!" Janis whines, her voice going up at least two octaves.

"Didn't you ask me to come out here?" Cady teases, walking over to her, "now, you have two choices; go inside like the coward you are, or be a totally awesome girlfriend and make an igloo with me."

Janis debates for a moment then sighs in defeat, giving into to her girlfriends puppy dog eyes.

"Fine, I'll do it. But if I want you to come and snuggle me at some point you have no choice but to do so." Janis bribes her.

"Deal!"

"Shake on it?"

"Sure."

Pause.

"Janis!"

"What?"

"Did you just spit in your hand?! It's so fucking cold!"

"Oh, how tragic." Janis mocks, falling into the snow dramatically.

A mistake, to say the least.