Day 15 • Date Night

Janis zips her purse closed, walking to the staircase of their house.

"Cady, love? You almost ready?" Janis calls, pulling a strand of hair behind her ear.

"One minute!" Cady yells back. There's a light tap of heels and then Cady's at the top of the stairs.

She wore the dress Janis got her for her birthday one year and simple white, shiny heels. Her hair is pulled back into a braid crown, like the way she wore it the day she came to Northshore High.

Janis smiles widely, it slowly turning into a gawking grin as Cady walks down the stairs. She hooks her arm in Janis's, smiling.

"Shall we?" Cady asks, smiling just like Janis.

"We shall," Janis says, quickly calling Button.

"We'll be back soon, cutie." Janis coos crouching down next to her. Button hops up on her knees, panting excitedly as she runs around her.

"Let's go before we miss our reservation," Cady says, scratching Button's head and then walking out to the car.

Janis follows behind her, saying bye to Button once more before running outside and opening the driver's side door.

They eat at a place called Highlawn Pavilion which is right next to one of the 9/11 memorials. Cady, of course, insisted they look at the memorial before going in, considering they were ten minutes early.

Janis agreed, careful not to shed any tears and ruin her makeup.

After a while of looking at it and forcing tears back into their eyes, they walk into the restaurant and greet the hostess.

"Sarkisian and Heron?" the French woman asks.

"Yes, that's us," Janis says, smiling.

"Right this way, Mademoiselles," the hostess says, smiling as she walks to a table.

The place is gorgeous, chandeliers replacing regular lights and fancy paintings on every wall. The tables are made out of mahogany and are decorated with a white tablecloth. The napkins are folded into swans and the utensils are set neatly on a plate.

Almost immediately when they sit at their table, a basket of fresh bread is brought over, a kind old man, about late seventies or early eighties. He puts a fancy pitcher in the middle of the table full of ice water, along with two wine glasses and regular glasses.

Rather than normal plastic straws, they're given two gold-colored glass straws, which Janis is more than shocked by.

"This place is amazing, how did you get a reservation here?" Janis asks as the man leaves their table.

"Friend of a friend. My friend knows the owner and they gave us a discount price." Cady explains, sipping on her overly fancy glass of water. The menus are brought over a few minutes later. An example of the contents is Escargot (snail), overly fancy pasta, Confit, and French toast to name a few.

Janis settles on French toast and Escargot, determined to see what it tastes like, along with a glass of wine. Cady orders pasta and French onion soup, also ordering a glass of wine.

Even though the dishes were incredibly fancy, they get to their table surprisingly quick. Janis has never been more satisfied with a dish she ordered and neither has Cady.

After they finished dinner, they split a chocolate moussè and argued for over ten minutes on who would pay, eventually settling on splitting the bill. (Arguing as in Cady insisting that she paid for it and Janis insisting that she pay for it.)

So, in short, tonight was a success and Janis has never taken off a bra quicker when she got home.

• • •

Janis's dress;

Cady's dress;