Day 3 • Lazy Day

"Janis?"

"Yes, darling?"

"What are you wearing?" Cady asks, referring to the matching pajama set her girlfriend was wearing.

"Pajamas, duh." Janis answers.

"You're 25."

"There's not an age limit to matching Christmas pajamas, you fun-thief!" Janis screeches, diving into a pile of blankets that Cady somehow did not see.

"Jay?"

"What?"

"When did you make that 'blanket fort'?" Cady asks, staring in confusion.

"I dunno, like 20 minutes ago."

"Jan."

"Hm?"

"I made waffles."

The blankets sudden erupt like a volcano exploding.

A volcano without the hot lava, basically.

"You made waffles and didn't tell me?" Janis gasps, panting just from throwing the blankets off herself.

"And bacon."

"Yeet!"

"Janis—." Cady maintains her balance from Janis running like a fireball past her. She hears her feet stomping down into the kitchen.

Her usual heavy drinks are slightly muffled.

Investigation time.

Cady follows after Janis, her eyebrows furrowed.

She peaks around the corner, staring at Janis's... bunny slippers.

"Janis?"

"Yes, my love?" Janis replies as she shovels a bite of waffle into her mouth.

"When did you get bunny slippers? In baby pink?"

"...be quiet."

Cady nods slowly, her tongue clicking quietly, "I'll be right back."

Janis waits for about 30 minutes. Finally bored of waiting, she calls out to her girlfriend.

"Caddie?" Janis yells. No response.

"Caddie-cat?" she yells again.

"Cady? Are you okay?" Janis begins to worry since a while ago she had heard a small series of thuds from upstairs.

She checks the stairs, making sure Cady hadn't fallen down the stairs, then walks up them.

She peers into the bathroom. Nothing.

Carefully, she stalks toward their bedroom, carefully pushing the door ajar.

"Caddie?" she asks, her voice low.

She gently pushes the door open farther, slowly walking in.

"Reeeeeeeeee!" Janis feels a weight fall onto her and then she's tumbling into darkness.

She's about to freak out and beat the shit out of her attacker but she turns and gasps.

"Caddie, what the fuck?" Janis yells.

"I made a fort!" Cady squeals, smiling widely as she presses a kiss to Janis's cheek.

Janis then realizes she's wearing the exact same pajamas, along with bunny slippers.

This is fine with Janis.

A couple hours later, they're still in blanket fort made out of pillows, blankets, clips and string.

The most structured pillow fort Janis has ever seen in the long run.

"Caddie, how did you even figure out how to do this?" Janis asks, stealing another waffle from the plate Cady had brought up.

"My friends little sister showed me in Kenya. Basically the only friend I had." Cady says, smiling at Janis.

A loud whistling noise sounds and then Cady smiles wider.

"What's that?" Janis asks.

"You'll see." Cady says, walking out and downstairs.

Janis waits (im)patiently for Cady to come back, finishing off her 5th waffle of the day. She takes in a breath, looking around at her girlfriends masterpiece when she smells it.

Hot cocoa.

There's a mug practically in her nose, along with the vague scent of cinnamon. Tiny white marshmallows bob on the surface, along with three large ones.

Cady smiles widely, holding a whipped cream bottle and a laptop, along with her own mug of hot chocolate.

"How did I get so lucky?" Janis asks.

"Are you referring to me or the hot chocolate?" Cady jokes.

"...can it be both?"

"Anything for you, darling." Cady says, pressing a kiss to Janis's lips. Janis sips on the hot chocolate and is out like a light within 5 minutes, faster than when she actually has to go to bed.

"Goodnight, Jan." Cady whispers, already knowing she'll be awake at three in the morning.

This is fine with Cady.