Day 19 • Special Breakfast

I was thinking of 'regifting' my 'Hot Chocolate' chapter because they also had a special breakfast in that one but here's me attempting to write after crying my eyes out because I thought the Winter Solstice Parade was gonna be canceled but ya girl is okay now

Enjoy

Also this is gonna be annoyingly short because I have to fold laundry and vacuum which takes way too long so I don't have long to write this

• • •

Janis abruptly opens one eye as she smells it.

Pancakes, waffles and bacon, along with eggs.

Even though they only have it a couple times a year, Janis has memorized the smell of Cady's special breakfast.

Still in the clothes she slept it, Janis shoves the blankets of her and bolts downstairs, nearly crashing into two walls as she slides into one of the barstools by their island counter.

Cady just took another waffle out of the iron, putting it into the rising pile of doughy goodness, turning around and flipping one of the pancakes, taking another scrambled egg off the frying pan and flipping the bacon, moving it around with the spatula.

"Morning, babe," Cady greets, clearly amused by her girlfriends eagerness.

"Good morning, correction," Janis corrects, staring intensely at the plate of waffles and pancakes.

There's freshly squeezed orange juice and lemonade set in glass pitchers, heart-shaped ice cubes bobbing up and down in the thin liquid.

Janis's mouth begins to water as the last waffle is set on the plate and the final batch of pancakes are flipped and set on their separate plate.

Janis snatches a waffle and pancake, shoving a scrambled egg onto her plate along with three pieces of bacon.

She grabs one of their glasses, pouring lemonade into it.

Cady looks at her, an eyebrow raised in amusement.

Janis looks up at Cady accusingly, ripping apart her meal like a wolf.

"Jay, babe, I love you, but please don't eat everything in five minutes. This took an hour." Cady laughs, serving herself her own plate.

"You can't control me. I'm beyond the gods."

"Which direction, north or south?" Cady teases.

"All of them." Janis announces, trying to sound intimidating but no one could take her seriously with all of that food in her mouth.

"At least leave enough for leftovers."

"No!"

Silence.

"Janis fucking Sarkisian, do not stuff the entire plate of waffles in your mouth!"

"I told you, you can't control me!"