Heart Of Mine

Nathan's POV:

My dad ain't home yet, time to watch Panic! At The Disco. I open my laptop and see a notification from Instagram, this looks interesting Zack Hall was live a day ago. I go click and watched it, I don't get why my dad forbids me to watch or listen to anything Panic! Related I mean I get why he doesn't want me to but that was all in the past right? Apparently my dad was their old guitarist he left the band so that he could take care of me. I never knew my mom as soon as I got born she left us, I guess that contributes to him leaving the band but even so it still doesn't make sense why he'd hate Panic! After all these years, or at least I think he hates them.

I am watching the stream there was this girl she looked so familiar then I realize something. I knew she looked familiar it was her! The girl I bumped into the other day. I knew it, I figured her dad is Brendon Urie heh, she is adopted you say? She must be really lucky then. I hear tiny footsteps and some scratching at my door I open the door it was Dottie our dog. We had Dottie since I was little she is a Beagle and she is literally the cutest creature.

"Come here girl," I called her over to me.

The dog ran towards me and I proceeded to tickle the crap out of her. It wasn't long I heard the door from downstairs open, crap he's coming! I quickly closed my computer and acted as nothing happened. I hear him coming upstairs, he opens my door.

"I'm back kid!" He greeted me.

"Hey, dad! did you buy anything?"

"Yea I bought Cheese Whiz."

"So how's the job interview?" I asked.

"I didn't get the job." His face darkened as he looks down.

"Well, that sucks."

"Yea...totally."

Recently my dad wasn't able to find a stable job it's either he gets fired or doesn't like the job at all. I guess the music in his veins are just really strong. So he makes music but he doesn't do anything to it, I wished he'd do something about it 'cause I know deep down he wants to go back to music. He leaves my room Dottie follows him out.

"Hey, dad can we go hang out?" I say as he was leaving the room.

"Sounds great, where?"

"Up to you."

"How bout the skate park sounds good?"

"Sounds good."

I get ready, I like hanging out with my dad he may be a bit strict at times but that's okay. I grab my skateboard and phone and went downstairs my dad is already waiting for me. My dad was wearing just casual kinda like the style of modern hipster with the mix of 2000s emo. He brought his guitar with him, I guess he wants to write another song. We went to the local skate park I low-key wanted to look for Elise, I don't know why but just I wanna look for her. My dad eyes me, he walks towards me I think he wants me to race him or something.

"Nate let's do something fun this place is boring," Dad says whining like a little child.

"Boring? heh, you're getting old."

"I'm not old." Dad fake cries.

To be honest he looks young for his age but yet again he's only like 30 something. Suddenly two girls around my age came up to us, I think they are fans. They were a bit shy but they asked if they could take a picture of him anyways. My dad delightedly took a picture with them. One of them told my dad that the album A Fever You Can't Sweat Out and Pretty. Odd. helped her get through life, my dad appreciated it and hugged her soon enough they two and eventually said goodbye and left.

"God I miss the band." He mumbles to himself softly but loud enough for me to hear it.

After that we just did stuff, my dad was writing down some of his ideas down in his notepad while I just did stuff. Yep, it's a pretty chill day and I'd like to keep it that way. After that, my dad sat down at the bench and grabbed his guitar and played a little song for me. He really does have quite a gift when it comes to writing music I should know this I've seen it first hand. Sadly he distanced himself from music just for me, he did not want to become his father who neglected his own son. As a result of distancing music, he hasn't contacted his friends in years that must be painful to push someone away for someone else's happiness it must be a really big sacrifice.

After a long day of skateboarding, both of us got hungry. We went to this place that makes good food a.k.a Taco Bell. We sit down and begin ordering food after that I look to go through social media. My dad starts talking to me but I ignored him 'cause I was too focused on what I was doing. The food starts coming in the food smell good and my dad and I start eating away.

After we had eaten we go back to the house. My legs feel tired my eyes slowly drooping so I went straight from the room and closed the door.

Ryan's POV:

We arrive at the house Nate went straight to his room I guess he's tired. I go inside my room and put down my things, I accidentally knocked something down from my shelf, it was a photo of me and the old gang. I place it back to where it came from and suddenly memories start flowing through me. God, I miss the band, but I have to take care of Nate I don't want him to experience what I experienced. I regret a lot of things, I regret not contacting them especially Brendon I mean having to lose your best friend just like that? That must have been hard for Brendon to accept.

I wish a had the balls to come back, I wish I have never abandoned my friends, and I wish despite all that they would still forgive me. I want to come back but i'm not sure if I still can. But more importantly, I regret leaving her, music is the reason why she's gone.