Well I'm Afraid That I

Elise's POV

"Wait!" Ryan's voice echoed.

"Elise!" Alex yelled.

I walked slightly faster. I was too ashamed and embarrassed to look back. In my mind, I was thinking of possibilities, possibilities of if I do this or that what would happen.

"Elise, please stop." Alex pleaded.

"Lise, I don't want to see you like this."

"It hurts me to see you like this." Very familiar words

I stopped, the caught up with me. Ryan hugged me tightly stroking my hair. I felt tears, I didn't want to struggle how could I? Here I am now with my real father restraining me but in a good way. If only I didn't do it that night, I got stupid I didn't know how to stop it. I cried In front of both of them, I looked so helpless Ryan comforted me and hummed a tune... Behind the Sea.

In the end, I just kept apologizing, he didn't understand maybe he just thought it was one of those father and daughter fights.

"I'll give you two some space," Alex announced, I nodded.

Ryan led me to his room. He gave me a sympathetic look, it made me feel slightly uncomfortable but I couldn't blame him. I look down at my two feet with guilt. Ryan opened the tv and stayed with me, I haven't said a word to him. I wasn't aware of the time passing.

"Is it okay if I asked what happened?" He asks softly

"I did it..." He gave a confused expression.

"Did what?" He asked.

I motioned my fingers on my arm as if I was cutting it. His face broke, he went silent, covering his mouth and hugging me tightly.

"Honey... why..." His voice broke.

"I-I been holding it for soo long, I tried my best to contain it. I didn't know what I was thinking... h-he s-saw it." My voice was shaky.

He didn't say anything. I feel bad for him now I mean I am his kid. I should have given him more attention and time ever since I found out, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It felt like I was pushing everyone away and that scared me.

"I don't want to go out there," I said sheepishly.

"Do you want to stay here the whole day?" He asked.

He wanted me to feel better.

"Is it okay?" I said.

"Of course honey." He said in a comforting tone.

"Can I stay in for the night too? I m-mean its o-okay i-" He cut me off before I could continue.

"No, you can stay. Anything for you... do you want me to get your things." He asked.

"Oh... um, would you like me to bring food?" He added

"I'd like that very much," I said in an almost inaudible tone.

He kissed me and hugged me as I weakly smiled goodbye.

I want to do this it sounded like I was forcing it. I couldn't face dad I felt so ashamed, I just need some time. One by one the guys from Fall Out Boy and the Way bothers started texting me eventually making a group chat in the process. The group chat was all nonsense, they did this all for me and that made me feel guilty. I hate being the damsel in distress in my own story.

I took a deep breath but then a thought occurred. What if I changed? This is all in my head, right? No, I'm not faking myself. I sat in uncomfortable silence