Let Me Hear You Say Something

Brendon's POV

"Rachel Scott
Age: 14
Status: Deceased
Cause of death: Suicide
-
Father: Arthur Scott
Occupation: Forensic Ballistics Expert
-
Mother: April Scott
(Deceased)
July 5, 2018"

I was given a folder, it was about the girl who shot her, Rachel Scott. They gave me a copy of her medical files, did she come here often? I scanned through the files hoping that it might give me an answer as to why she did it. While scanning through the files I noticed something, most of her medical check-ins were close to July 5th. I could probably assume she wasn't the most mentally stable, but why did she put her anger on her?

Ryan and Sarah arrived a few hours ago, Ryan's kid wasn't allowed in for now. It's probably for the best that Nate wasn't allowed in, he's a bit too young for this sort of thing so he left but I could tell he wanted to stay. As soon as Ryan and Sarah stepped in both of then froze, I could see Ryan starting to cry while covering his forehead he ran to her side didn't know what to do. Sarah, on the other hand, did not move, she just stood there with tears silently falling down. I went over to her and hugged her, I couldn't help but sob quietly.

We called up Zack, and I told him what had happened. He immediately came in to check on us. We aren't in the best mental state right now, but I have to keep strong for them... for her...

"May I talk to the father of the victim?" The nurse barged in

Ryan stood up, the two of them got confused.

"Should I?" He mumbled.

"I hate to remind you, but I'm her legal father," I whispered to him.

"Oh." Ryan sits back awkwardly.

The nurse escorts me to a room. There was the school principal, a police officer, and a man who I assume to be Rachel's father. I blankly stare at Mr. Scott, knowing that his daughter shot mine it felt like I wanted to blow but I couldn't. Mr. Scott looked guilty, I've read the files this must be so hard for him.

"Shall we commence?" The officer said we all nodded as a reply.

The principal provided us with the camera footage. We now know that Elise definitely did not start the fight, all we need now is why.

"If I may." Rachel's father stood up and gave a phone to the police officer.

The phone was Rachel's, the officer quickly scanned through all her contents through her phone. The police suddenly stopped and asked a question to Mr. Scott.

"How often did you talk to your daughter?"

"Barely. Ever since Apr- her mom died, she's been different ever since." He replied.

"I see, has she been doing strange things recently?"

"For the past week, I've been seeing her going to my quarters more often." He said.

"Do you ask why?"

"Yeah... kinda... whenever I asked she always answered she needs a stapler or something." He replied.

"Lastly, is this gun yours?" The officer said with an eyebrow raised.

Mr. Scott looks down with guilt and answered, "Yes."

He told us since he is a Forensic Ballistics Expert it is customary to own a gun. At this point I wasn't really mad at Arthur Scott, I was mad at the school and the teacher. They should have paid close attention to their students, they could have helped her.

I wish schools paid more attention. From the news I've been hearing, there are a lot of school shootings around this state and it's also mostly due to the fact that the "system" doesn't pay attention.

"Do have any final say, Mr. Urie?"

"As a parent, can I ask about how you check up on your students?" I asked firmly.

The principal didn't know how to respond, I knew it.

"Well if that's the case, I'd like to have my daughter on leave, she'll be homeschooled for now." I said.

The little meeting ended and we all parted ways. Suddenly, reality hit me, this is not what I had planned. I promised to keep you safe but shit, I can't even do that. I'm messed up, I shouldn't be like this. I walk through the halls and stopped, I could go back to the room or I could stay in my car. I went out and locked myself in the car.

I didn't know what I was thinking, all I knew is that I messed up as a father. I cried in the car, at least no one would hear me. All my bottled up emotions for the past hours are finally being released. At this point, I didn't care who would see me. As I was letting it all out.

I suddenly heard knock on the door, it was Ryan. I took a deep breath and opened the car door. There was silence, I just sat there trying to pretend nothing happened.

"Someday this was..." he sighed.

I did not talk, but tears were silently falling down my face.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled.

"She's hurt... I'm sorry I couldn't protect my... your daughter." I mumbled some more.

I look over to Ryan, his eyes were red and puffy.

"I wish I found her sooner, and maybe this wouldn't have happened," Ryan said.

We were both in guilt. We were guilty but I knew we couldn't stay like this forever.

"What do we do when she wakes up?" I suddenly asked as I tried to change the gloomy mood.

"I don't know." He said.

"Alright, this is probably stupid of me... but do you wanna wash your sorrows away at the local bar?" I said nervously.

"I probably could use that," Ryan answered.

A\N
I've noticed I have been doing this more and more. We are almost at 900 reads. Enough of me talking, although I just wanna ask why do you guys still read this crappy fic?

I wanna say thank you to the readers.

Now go ahead and scram!